Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What power engine do I have?

Hi
    I have a 2003 700cc fortwo Passion, how do I know which engine power version I have, i can't see anything on the V5.
    How do I check to see if I have the 50Hp or the 61Hp?

I have the engine out at the moment, knackered turbo dumping loadsa oil into the engine, so going to strip and rebuild the engine and source another turbo.

John

Greetings, I'm quite often wrong but on the odd occasion, I'm right, The 600 turbo manifold studs are 6mm diameter, the 700 are 7mm, the turbo on the 600 is slightly smaller than the 700 - a little difficult to compare if you don't have both to compare. The 700 will have a little 'air pump', attached to the rear subframe in the engine compartment on the right hand side and the 700 will have an OBD2 connector just above the drivers right knee. The 600 has the OBD2 connector in the ZEE unit above the passengers feet. Cheers, Ian.

Comment

Thanks for your answer, I know i have a 700cc engine - the question was - how do i tell which version i have 50Hp or 61Hp?
      Mine does have the air injection pump BTW, and the dash mounted OBD port.

Comment

Hey there,

There is no direct visual clue that a 700cc engine is 50 or 61bhp. However, the 50bhp variant was only available on the Pure trim Fortwos (and I believe it wasn't all of them either). The easy to check is via the VIN I would think but since yours is a Passion, I would think it was almost certainly a 61bhp.

Comment

Originally posted by Ocracoke View Post

There is no direct visual clue that a 700cc engine is 50 or 61bhp.
          Lack of cycle valve on 50hp version?

Originally posted by Ocracoke View Post
          However, the 50bhp variant was only available on the Pure trim Fortwos (and I believe it wasn't all of them either). The easy to check is via the VIN I would think but since yours is a Passion, I would think it was almost certainly a 61bhp.
          Anyway, as above, Passion is 61hp.

Comment

Lack of cycle valve on 50hp version?
            Good point, I was imagining looking at the engine just from opening the engine cover in the boot.

Comment

Via VIN - http://www.fq101.co.uk/how-to-guides...cating-the-vin
              100% via MB Star diagnostic tool .
              Dino test is100%+
              Last edited by mottofreee; 01-10-17, 09:58 AM.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X