Dashboard

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dashboard

Hi, I've had an 02 Pulse for the last week now, and last night noticed that when the ignition switch is turned off and the keys removed the odometer / fuel / temp gauge display is still on.

My question is, is this normal?? 20171108_102003.jpg

Back light only - and then only for 15-30s.

Comment

Ok cheers.. Are there known issues that you know of? Last night was the first time I'd driven it in the rain, wondered whether something somewhere had got wet??

Comment

Do you mean your gauges still show?
        Odometer still displays (total miles) but gauges' readings vanish on mine (2005).

Comment

Yes sorry, I'm getting whats in the picture. Odometer still showing miles but the fuel/temp gauge are no longer filled in (Blacked out)

Comment

Originally posted by Dud Wright View Post
            Yes sorry, I'm getting whats in the picture. Odometer still showing miles but the fuel/temp gauge are no longer filled in (Blacked out)

And the back light goes out in 15-30s after key off? Same as mine then.

Comment

Great thanks for the help....

Comment

Originally posted by Dud Wright View Post
                Are there known issues that you know of? Last night was the first time I'd driven it in the rain, wondered whether something somewhere had got wet??

Away from the dash display, keep your interior scrupuously dry. Check footwell carpets and the rear also and if at all damp rejuvinate the door seals (or attend to leaking 3/4 windows) as damp corrodes the SAM unit (above passenger footwell) and can render the car near undriveable (wipers, flashers, etc go berserk) and fixing it aint cheap.

If you're new to this early fortwo malarky, you need to keep on top of the engine oil level but do not overfill - around 3/4 up the stick is plenty.

Comment

Cheers for the heads up, I'll certainly look into any damp issues

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X