Fuel pump relay bypass

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel pump relay bypass

Hi there as above has anyone got any info on doing the fuel pump relay bypass mod on a fortwo petrol engine,any info would be great
    cheers steve

Ask on Clubsmartcar. Burning out SAM connector that supplies fuel pump seems to be far too common in Canada.

PS. Lucky mine has no SAM to burn out. Older 450 Smarts like mine have ZEE with separate relay box under seat and most relays are user replaceable. Much more reliable in my humble opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by tolsen View Post
      Ask on Clubsmartcar. Burning out SAM connector that supplies fuel pump seems to be far too common in Canada.

A CDI (only) thing?

Comment

Originally posted by Thrumbleux View Post

A CDI (only) thing?
        Yes, seems to be a Cdi cold area thing. I suppose pump draws too high current when attempting to shift diesel fuel that has turned into porridge due to subzero temperature.

Comment

Originally posted by tolsen View Post
          Yes, seems to be a Cdi cold area thing. I suppose pump draws too high current when attempting to shift diesel fuel that has turned into porridge due to subzero temperature.

Cheers TK, and something of a relief to this owner of a petrol engined 450.

Remarkable though, reading through several threads on this forum, how unsuited to cold climates the CI engine is. Small wonder Grampian Fire Brigade were reluctant to part with their (Rolls Royce) petrol engined appliances. Don't know about GFB, but H&IAA keep their diesel engined appliances in a heated garage with, IIRC, plugged into the mains coolant heaters. What a palaver!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X