Rear glass on hatch

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear glass on hatch

I'm looking for some help noticed today I have a big gap between the glass and the tailgate I've tried to see off there's any adjustment but I'm not getting anywhere it's driving me mad so please help
    cheers stevei130467@hotmail.co.uk

The rear spoiler on the 450 is meant to have a fairly large gap. If you have a ruler, how big is the gap?

I measured it for another member on this forum at the tail end of last year - http://smartmaniacs.co.uk/forum/the-...m-smart-fortwo
    Last edited by Ocracoke; 19-01-18, 12:38 PM.

Comment

Sorry I was meant to say at the bottom of the glass where it closes onto the tailgate

Comment

An imagery is desirable, possibly to be resolved by adjustments.

Comment

You have to remove the spoiler to get to the bolts that hold the glass to the hinges and this is where it adjusts up and down from.

Comment

I've come across a couple of cars now where the rubber seal had been put on to the lower tailgate edge the wrong way round ie with the soft squishy tube that's meant to be against the glass facing inwards instead of outwards.

Comment

Originally posted by Spider13 View Post
              Sorry I was meant to say at the bottom of the glass where it closes onto the tailgate

The vertical gap is around 10mm.
              If it's the horizontal gap that concerns you - then BID's post above probably answers your question.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X