2003 Smart cabrio roof parts?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2003 Smart cabrio roof parts?

Hello, I'm new here and new to Smart cars. I've brought a lovely 2003 Smart Pulse Brabus Cabrio and the roof doesn't work. I've got a mechanic friend to look at it and I'm missing a motor for the roof on the passenger side, I only seem to have one. Both the roof motor covers are missing too with wires hanging down. Does anyone here know where I can get a motor and roof parts as my mechanic suspects that the mechanism which pulls the roof back is also broken. Any help or advice would be gratefully received.

Apparently some of the later versions only have one motor even though there is a fitment for second. The motors and cables are available on Ebay or just put in a search and several will come up. Had a similar problem with mine last week and only got the one motor and trying to find out if I should have two. Cheers mick

Comment

Obviously there is less load on the cables with two motors and gears pulling them.

Comment

an official fix to the motors coming out of alignment or to cure some issues was to remove both motors and fit a single motor. yours may have had this modification.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X