Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DIY Cruise control

Hi,

After putting Smart back on the road I was missing a cruise control while on the motorway - I am a tight ba***rd and could not justify spending close to a 100 quid for a new stalk so after reading wiring info on evilution website (great help) I've fitted a DIY version that cost less than 10 pounds all in - 2 DPDT switches, couple of resistors (picked up a bunch for a few pence at Maplins as it is about to close down) and some soldering. Works like a charm. Also have a paddleshift activated and used a horn switch mod as suggested on Evilution website, with some modifications of course - useful feature. There is no need for a separate 3rd party box to get it working - plugs in straight into the existing wiring, plus swap white and black plugs naturally. Luckily I do have my own MB Star (leftover from an ownership of a 2004 w220 MB ) so free coding and programming on this occasion.

There's surely a lot of smart owners that applied such mods so it would be quite interesting to see other takes on this subject Any Ideas?
    Last edited by Arkadius1984; 07-06-18, 04:34 PM.

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X