Cooling problems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/e...col-d_146.html

Half way down the page shows a chart with SHC. Significant differences.

Quote:

''Note! The specific heat of ethylene glycol based water solutions are less than the specific heat of clean water. For a heat transfer system with ethylene glycol the circulated volume must be increased compared to a system only with water.''

Comment

Take the water pump off, take the radiator off at the front. Use a hose and push lots of water through the pipes and through the block. When you are sure it is clear. Check the water pump.
      Re-assemble, fill with antifreeze mixture. Bleed and then test the system.
      As mentioned earlier, check the radiator for damage. Closed air holes WILL make a difference to the amount of cooling the radiator can provide.

John

Comment

At the beginning of next month I want to replace the water.
        The water pump I will not drop it. All the engine I will drop it down.
        I undo the hoses from the thermostat and put the garden hose to run back water in the engine - from the thermostat to the water pump.

Comment

A problem with the 450 diesel is the engine does not produce much heat. To reduce heating loss and increase engine temperature I therefore once tried running on neat 100% glycol. Specific heat capacity of neat glycol is less than water and glycol water mix. I found engine would heat up faster and I had no problems with engine over heating.

Comment

Indeed, thermal management is inadequate at 450 cdi. Well said, unfinished.
            A modified thermostat, a restrictor, an oil recharger + engine cover are some improvements.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X