Spare wheel.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spare wheel.

Can anyone confirm whether a standard 15" alloy wheel will fit my Brabus 450 fortwo. I realise that mine are on 16" but the 15" ones are a 60 profile as apposed to my 45 profile.
    I only want it as a spare for emergency use as apposed to the gunk.
    Thanks for any help.

A standard narrow wheel 135/70R15 or 145/65R15 fits at all corners plus will sit snugly behind your seat with room for jack in the middle.

Comment

Thanks tolsen. Its exactly that 145/65/15 so should be just the job. Already got a spare scissor jack and wheel brace, so will be good to go.
      Thanks for your help.
      Bob

Comment

Hi everyone got fourtwo smart car but unfortunately it got a factory fitted viny roof which started to peel away any ideas to get this of and how to replace this

Comment

Originally posted by Kevmit View Post
          Hi everyone got fourtwo smart car but unfortunately it got a factory fitted viny roof which started to peel away any ideas to get this of and how to replace this

Nope, but as mine is going the same way, keen to hear of a solution. A solution that no matter how often this question appears here, is never forthcoming....

Comment

Place your spare wheel over the peeled vinyl.

Comment

• mottofreee
              mottofreee commented
              Editing a comment
              Placement on the back of the roof.
              Its wrapping (in a glass / carbon fiber casing) is beneficial because it reduces the resistance and the wheel stays as it is (do not steal it). I understand that there are many cutlers in the area and it happens quite often to cut the tires.

Of course, the spare wheel.
            In 40,000km (25,000 miles) I needed 0 times the spare wheel.
            I had flat tyre twice but with a 12V compressor it was good every time. The 12V compressor was auxiliary, it could be without.

Comment

I’’ve done more than 243,000 in my Smart Cabrio without needing a spare wheel. In spite of that I still carry a spare wheel when venturing far away to remote places. Having a puncture on the west coast of Scotland can easily leave me stranded for days.
              Last edited by tolsen; 10-08-18, 09:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Thrumbleux View Post

Nope, but as mine is going the same way, keen to hear of a solution. A solution that no matter how often this question appears here, is never forthcoming....

Greetings All, I'm not 100% sure so I'll leave it up to those that can to do so.
                I believe the roof section (the hole) of the hard tops, whether they're plastic or glass is the same. So if you've got a plastic top that's losing its vinyl covering, why not replace it with a glass top?? You'd also need the sliding sun shield - well maybe not in Blighty, as you've had your sunny days now for the next ten years............
                Cheers, Ian
                The sunny South Pacific.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X