No announcement yet.

Stupid key fob!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So only a few mouse clicks to get your Smart into key programming mode using Delphi or Wurth WoW followed by operating lock button on each key twice. Cannot be any simpler than that.

Comment

So I could purchase a Delphi and a key and programme the car to the key for around £70. transponder/Immobiliser/central locking all covered by the Delphi. In essence a fully working second key?

Comment

Yes. If it is a 3 button key fob!

I can't find a cheap "early Smart" 1 button key fob. Complete with circuit board. Lots of "shells with blank key blade", but no complete keys. - I am looking if any one has one for sale at a reasonable price.

John

Comment

Can I have one original, but the cost of transport is stunning ...
          Here (in Ro) key programming services are 12 pounds at individuals ... 60 pounds at the Smart licensed garage.

Comment

Will this also work for a 2003 model?

Comment

Depends where the OBD connector.
              Where is it located - under the steering wheel or near the steering wheel?
              Also what engine does it have - 599 cc petrol or 698 cc petrol or 799 cc diesel?
              Last edited by mottofreee; 11-12-18, 08:05 PM.

Comment

Hi, Sorry for the slow response, it is a 698cc and the OBD connection is to the right of the steering wheel at the back of a little storage tray.
                Last edited by PugMaster; 27-12-18, 02:37 PM.

Comment

It is equipped with SAM.
                  Sure a 3 buttons key will work.

Comment

Sorry, what is SAM? so your saying i can encode my own Key using Delphi?

Comment

SAM is explained here : www.evilution.co.uk/info/sam_unit_fuse_box.htm
                      Yes, the key can be with DS 150E.

Comment

Thanks mottofreee your a star, most helpful. Just to confirm https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2018-150e...frcectupt=true or this https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/122765124595 would be OK?

Comment

Since I have not worked with any of the options presented, I can not even confirm or defraud.
                          Basically it works - practice may be different.
                          A good answer you can get from the seller, he needs to know exactly what the device can do.
                          Careful! Avoid sellers with low feedback -This show some problems .

Comment

Does anybody have a link to one that is currently selling that they do know works?

Comment

In general the units with a USB connection are more reliable than the ones with bluetooth interface. Obviously you will need a suitable (Windows) laptop to operate the unit.

Comment

So i am guessing none of these work with windows 10 and no one is able to supply a link to one that is still available to buy?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X