Air Bag Light Continually Displayed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Bag Light Continually Displayed

From my previous experience with other Car Forums, I've established the best people to discuss an issue are with Forum Members / Car Owners. These people generally have the most information and general Tips to overcome and/or resolve an issue.

Well, here is my challenge :-
    I'm a new member and ownership of a Smart is very new to me. My issue is the Air Bag Light is continually on.
    Is there likely to be an easy prognosis for this problem or a system of tests to be carried out to narrow this issue down ?
    Or is it simpler to carry out a test via the OBD with a tool ?

Would very much appreciate your help members ......

This is my problem ......

KX03 LGZ (20.10.2018) 05.jpg

Comment

An OBD reader won't read your restraint system as limited to reading engine only.
      Most comon is connector for side air bags coming loose so look under your seats. You need a proper diagnostics kit to erase airbag fault code to get rid of warning light.
      Delphi DS150E can do it and does not cost much around £30.

Comment

Brill - that's my weekend sorted then
        I'll need to check my diagnostic tool is compatible with the Fortwo.

Thanks

Cliff

Comment

The airbag in the passenger compartment gives most of the airbag lamp on. Is there a seat airbag model or not?
          Also, the spiral from the steering wheel is interrupted.
          MB Star says which airbag is in trouble, the one in the seat or the steering wheel.
          On your Smart, the driver was two jacks: airbag + horn and jack for angle sensor. After replacing the spiral, the MB Star angle sensor must be recalibrated.
          Perhaps the DS 150E can but I do not know that.

However, the Airbag lamp does not turn off after the problem has been solved.
          The diagnosis device should tell the SAM (computer of the car) that the bulb goes out.

Comment

Having checked my diagnostic tool it is the iCarsoft i930 and not compatible, fortunately I have a backup plan (a colleague at work has access to a full diagnostic tool - Delph or Bosch). In the meantime I'll have a look at the connections - if not connected am I correct in saying the battery should be dis-connected first - to prevent airbag discharge when re-connecting ?
            Last edited by Pinkie; 27-10-18, 09:12 PM. Reason: My brain is quicker than my typing ..... lol

Comment

• mottofreee
              mottofreee commented
              Editing a comment
              Is there a seat airbag model or not?

Attention to something Delphi, not all variants are compatible.
            MB Star C3 and WinStar Magus are checked and work perfectly.

I decontaminated a sensor and the multimark diagnosis said the sensor is ok (while we were with the sensor plug in the hand!).

With the disconnected battery (or only with the ignition off), the diagnosis can not connect to the car's information system.

Comment

Okay and understood - thanks

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X