Diagnostic codes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diagnostic codes

I have just bought a 450 that would not rev up, I have how got this sorted but I have codes coming up on the dash that change everyother day, it started with 0308 and is now 0325,

I took it to my local garage where they ran a complete systems scan and the following codes came up: ECU P2034, B1022, B1020 B1014 all no com from ecu.

Traction system : C1504 cam bus fault.

Instrument panel : B1310, N1310, U1100, B1321.

The car is running fine so do I need to worry about any of these codes or can I just delete them or can anyone tell me how I can get more info about these codes.

Try FQ101 and/or Evilution for a list of codes

Comment

You could get all the codes deleted (disconnect the battery). Then see if the codes come back.

Comment

Buy Delphi DS150E and it will tell you what fault codes you have and what they are.

Comment

Several error codes once present but the car works well means there are problems with the earth strap.
          https://www.fq101.co.uk/how-to-guide...ne-earth-strap
          Are the codes present and stored or just stored?
          The format of the OBD is: 1 letter for the defect part (B-body, P-power train, etc.) and 4 digits for the defect number.
          Please proceed as shown by Thrumbleux ,heinkeljb ,Tolsen and post a picture cluster instrument (speedometer & Co) when the engine is running.

Comment

• Bobby2441
            Bobby2441 commented
            Editing a comment
            The mechanic at my garage told me that he took the engine out to fit a new alternator so he might have damaged it, I am away at the moment and will check with him when I get back next week.I will also proceed as advised by Thrumbleux, heinklijb and Tolsen as any advice given is very much appreciated.

The engine must not be moved to replace the alternator.
          Bad luck, the mecanic you went to is no good at the Smart 450.
          In the future, it's good to just go to professionals who know Smart Car and have worked at Smart Car.

Comment

Originally posted by mottofreee View Post
            The engine must not be moved to replace the alternator.
            This is a very odd thing to say, there is no problem with moving the engine for any work on it provided it's done correctly.

Comment

• mottofreee
              mottofreee commented
              Editing a comment
              Of course.
              These days I switched to winter tires.
              On the back I dropped the engine ... naturally, right?
              Only wheel exchange is 50 RON and lasts 20 minutes, out and put the engine is 600 RON and lasts 8 hours.

At 450 for the alternator it is necessary to remove the right rear wheels, not the engine. Who does not know pulls out the engine, does not like what it does but only tracks the money.

Please remember there is a language issue at play here - Google translate does not deal with grammar as well as it could. You do not NEED to remove the engine from the car inorder to replace the alternator, BUT if you do not know how to do it because you have never worked on 450 Smart car before, you might decide that you need to remove the engine because space is tight.
            Motofreee I think was just trying to make this observation and the OP has paid more than perhaps they should have.

John

Comment

Agree with John re language. On top of that, possibly the engine (complete with subframe) was lowered rather than removed. An altogether simpler and quicker exercise than removal.

Comment

Indeed, Google Translate works like NTSC in the beginning - it was dubbed the color television system "Never The Same Colors"
                I apologize if I caused problems by using GT.
                Sometimes the lowering of the engine is necessary for the pulley to be pulled out .

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X