Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A tool that will reset my airbag light

Hi There
    I have read a few topics for good diagnostic tools online. tolsen suggested for a other diagnostic problems the Delphi DS150E tool.
    Tolsen, or anyone who used this one, can you please confirm if this tool can be used for reseting the airbag on a 600 (zee) model smart?

Also, searching online I found on e-bay
    OBD2 Bluetooth 2015R3 Car Truck OBD Diagnostic Scanner Tool For DELPHI DS150E but it seems that this is just an add on for the dephi ds150e system
    where can I buy the delphi ds150e system and roughly how much is

alternatively, if anyone knows a tool that will reset airbag on a zee smart please advise

Thank you very much

MB Star C3/C4 (any variant) ,WinStar Magus.
    Only after the defect that lit the bulb is remedied.

Comment

mottofreee, Thank you very much
      I cannot afford any of those, but I had another idea
      What if I change the entire SRS unit (airbag control unit). In theory if I disconnect the battery, replace the existing unit with a new unit, once that unit is powered up it should have no faults

I am not sure if this is how it works but a new SRS unit is around £10, far less than the reset tool

If anyone knows about this, please advise me
      also, if you know where the airbag control unit is located
      I tried to search on all the forums I can think, but no information what so ever
      Thank you

Comment

• mottofreee
        mottofreee commented
        Editing a comment
        Theoretically it is. The practical situation is slightly different.
        And who guarantees that the new unit does not light the bulb?
        High probability requires diagnosic tool .

Where in the country are you? If you filled out your location in your profile, maybe someone would point you in the direction of "diagnostic tool".

John

Comment

I confirm Delphi can erase your airbag code as long as you have fixed airbag fault. 2015r3 offer no additional functionality for your Smart car over 2014r2 which I have. Later version only harder more complex installation.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X