Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hazard lights do not light the indicator lamp in speedometer

Hi everyone,

Got a slightly odd one on a 2004 City-Coupe, after being worked on for a failed clutch actuator, when the hazard light switch is pressed on the button panel, the indicators do flash but the indicator lamp in the speedometer does not flash. However, when the indicators are used normally, the indicator lamp does flash as normal.

I assume this is a wiring break underneath the button panel but I've yet to have a chance to look at this myself. Anyone come across this problem before?

Disconnect the accumulator battery for 10 minutes.
    It can be solved. Be sure to write down the stereo code before disconnecting.

Comment

Strangely, today I had to switch the hazard flasher on and subsequently drove off with them still on. Because no dash lights - only the switch itself flashes. (2005 Pure Coupe). Dash lights for indicators though.

Comment

Checked our Mk5 & Mk6, both do as yours does! So must be normal.
        Never noticed in 16 years of ownership...lol

Comment

Huh.... OK. I know in my 454 the indicator signals do turn on when the hazards are on but that is akin to comparing an apple to a pea. Well, if it is nothing to worry about, it is nothing to worry about. Thanks all.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr T View Post
            Checked our Mk5 & Mk6, both do as yours does! So must be normal.
            Never noticed in 16 years of ownership...lol

Yesterday was a bit of a schoolday. I also noticed for the first time in 13 years of ownership that the wash/wipe stalk if pulled back momentarily gives one sweep of the wipers and no wash.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X