Engine just cuts out?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine just cuts out?

Hi can anyone help with advice, my little 450 runs fine now that I got the code issues sorted but now I can be traveling along and the engine will just cut out, this can happen at any speed or if I am braking to slow down sometimes. I get the single bar code on the dash and after locking & unlocking the doors with key fob the computer resets it's self and it restarts and I can drive again sometimes for a few mile (15/20) or just yards. When the car drives it is a great little car but I just can't enjoy it as always on edge wait for it to cut out, I have been very lucky a few times in getting it into the side of the road safely. I have driven the car in Auto & Manual in process of fault finding but it happens in both modes, I have also turned of radio,heater, lights and unplug cameras to see if it was electrically power fault but it still happens. Any help or advice will be very much appreciated as I don't want to have to scrap the car. Bobby

Replace the CPS (crank position sensor) on the side of the clutch bell housing. Check the earth cable(s) battery to body, body to engine.

John

Comment

Thanks for that John, I have already checked all the earth cables and they look fine, so will see about the CPS. Bobby

Comment

Hi there, I have exactly the same problem. CPS has been replaced twice now, and earth cables have been checked as well. Any other ideas please....anyone?
        Cheers, Han

Comment

Does all power switch off or just the engine?
          All power then check for loose connection to the Battery, check the ZEE / SAM for damage, usually on the connector pins for the main loom. If just the engine check the secondary board under teh Left hand side seat.

John

Comment

• hanvandijk
            hanvandijk commented
            Editing a comment
            Thx John, it's just the engine. Will check the secondary board...

Cheers, Han

Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X