Clutch Drag Point - Delphi DS150E

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clutch Drag Point - Delphi DS150E

I have a quick question about Delphi DS150E when setting the clutch drag point.

Once the routine has been run Delphi comes back with a percentage figure, what does that figure indicate and should that figure be as close as possible to 100%?

I ran the above yesterday and it completed with a figure of 36% - does this mean that the clutch actuator (brand new) needs re-positioning under the car as I know its requires 50nm of pressure to be applied to the actuator before bolting up with 10nm of torque on each of the three E10 bolts?

I dont know exactly what the figures means (i use MB Star) , but this is what i know about it.

I manual adjust the clutch actuator .
    I do a recode of the gearbox
    Then i do the reteach of the cluth slippoint .

A good working cluthc/clutch actuator will working between 26% and 35%

A new clutch will need 26%

A worn clutch , or problems with wireloom,connectors, gearmotor,ect will give you 40% or higher.

The % will go up , if you push the actuator towards the gearbox
    The % will be lower , if you give it less pressure / towards the rear wheel

Comment

Thanks Ossy

Comment

I suspect the drag point is expressed as a percentage of the total actuator travel from the fully extended position. This ties in well with Ossy's observations: more actuator preload would require the actuator to retract further to reach the biting point, hence higher percentage. Similarly, a clutch worn past the self-adjuster range will extend the diaphragm fingers outwards, again requiring the actuator to retract further to reach the bite point, equivalent to a "high pedal" on a manually operated clutch.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X