Central locking

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Central locking

Using the remote the car locks and immediately unlocks. Interior light remains on.
    I have tried the evilution locking from inside and getting out but this doesn't lock the car. However, if I put the key in position 1, press the dash lock button, return key to position 0 and remove, the car locks. Confirmed as the wife couldn't get in and when I reinserted the key and returned to position 1 the immobilliser was activated. I opened the doors from the inside and the car unlocks. During all of this the interior lights remain on.
    I removed the front interior light fitting, which has no effect other than no lights.
    I do not think there is an issue with the door switches as the car locks using the interior dash button, so next thought is that there's an earthing issue.

Background is a 15 minute run this morning, left car locked. Returned after an hour, car started and ran without issue. Stopped half mile on and car started the lock/unlock routine.

Any thoughts, appreciated.

Have you tried disconnecting the battery for ten minutes to reset the SAM?

Comment

Thanks Buster, trying just now.
      Cuppa whilst I searched further back on here. Found the same issue for a newbie Roadster in 2015.
      Evilution came on with solution at that time, but private. Cannot find in Evilution site but I do subscribe so hope yet.

Comment

Not a solution Buster,
        Thanks

Comment

Happy bunny here! Evilution to the rescue in absentia!
          Penny dropped with the Roadster issue, and search again.
          Let you know.

Comment

A door or rear hatch is not properly shut. Open and close all doors then try again.

Comment

Getting there..or not.
              Connector N11-8, pin 2 is pink/yellow wire on my car which I don't think is earth. The fq101 info indicates this is from the SAM to the boot close micro switch.
              Evilution info is its brown/white to earth.
              Need to find and check a wiring diagram.
              Any more input appreciated.

Comment

Thanks tolsen; done that (and again) no change.

Comment

fq101 is correct for the coupe.
                  More poking about to do.

Comment

Can anyone help us please. Our Four Two first reg 2000 has today lost all power in the battery on the car and the fob, we have charged the battery and have replaced the battery in the key fob. When the fob is pressed as to open the car the key flashing light does not go off therefore the car will not start. Any ideas please.

Comment

Would be better to start your own dedicated thread for this issue. Basically, the car and the key(s) will have to be taken to someone with the appropriate diagnostic tools to re-syncronise the car and the key(s).

John

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X