Engine cut out then started itself again

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine cut out then started itself again

Could be related to my running issue in the other thread, most likely is but today i was driving along and the car just cut out and then after 5 seconds it just turned itself back on without touching anything

The engine management light came on and then went off when it started itself

Also the gear display indicator screen went blank and when the car came back to life it went back to normal and displayed 6th (the gear I was in)

I scanned for codes and nothing was stored.... It even cleared the stored o2 heater fault by itself...

Any ideas?

Thanks

Water!

Comment

Lol, Where abouts should I check for water?

Thanks

Comment

Minigirl: can I suggest you join Smartz? Navigating this forum is beyond a joke - it's impossible to access intermediate pages (to check back on what has and hasn't been suggested/tried), only the first and last pages of a thread are accessible.
        The same people who are here are over there.
        And while some have had difficulty joining as admin were not approving them, a mod (SuperStevie) has recently returned as he's bought a Roadster so joining should be quicker.
        I - and others here no doubt - are happy and willing to help you but this forum isn't. Give it some thought.

http://www.smartz.co.uk/index.php

Comment

Smartz has gone haywire and the only fully working and properly managed UK based Smart forum is thesmartclub.

Comment

Smartz is fine TK. I was struggling with it but cleared my cookies and all is well again.

Comment

Thanks I join and post on both of them tomorrow after work

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X