Dreaded 3 bars - P2034

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dreaded 3 bars - P2034

Have had a bit of a headache with this 04 fortwo 0.7 pure, it was driving well one day, came out the next and 3 bars immediately on ignition on along with lots of beeps. It does however still start and idle. Plugged it in to star and only one code saved, P2034 Transmission shifter.

So far, I have checked the loom and its fine, i had previously relocated it from under the intercooler. Removed the clutch actuator and clutch fork is fine, re-greased and installed again. Removed the trans motor and it is visually ok, inside is dry and clean and sensor is reading a value on Das, incremental sensor i think it is?, although it is highlighted in bold for some reason. Removed the rotation sensor on the side of the box and it is clean and dry also, again giving me a reading on DAS.

I am able to teach the transmission, but only by following on from the fault code for an adaption i got after removing the motor, If i try via the actuations menu i get nothing. The clutch actuator is also working fine and does its thing when requested. Clutch teach in is successful, so is the drag teach in.

I have checked all the fuses, inspected inside the sam unit for water, I traced the one blue wire from the shifter to the sam and it is ok, the others i traced to the ecu and the are also ok. Sam relay is also working. I tried a different shifter and no change. Unplugged the shifter completely and no change.

The only thing to note is the day prior to this happening i added softouch, which worked perfectly, drove around in auto on a few occasions that day, then that evening i turned the car off without knocking the shifter to neutral, i turned the ignition back on, and knocked it over with the usual clunk. Then the next day all this.

Any help would be appreciated, have xentry also if anyone has something for me to try!

if it helps anyone in future, the problem was the engine ECU, three burnt traces inside all leading from pin 96 on connector 1.

Comment

Glad to see you found the fault, but the question is what might have caused it?

Comment

If you are looking for professional mot on a car I find this garage near to me and very best services provided to me.
        Your car or other vehicle need an MOT test? Are you looking for a best deal with peace of mind? Bring your car at Many Autos LTD here you will get affordable Prices for your car’s MOT test we also provide Mot test with Free collection and MOT with Free Delivery many Autos is the trusted MOT Garage Book your MOT United Kingdom online.

Comment

Spam much?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X