Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texas tea

Hi guys
    Which engine oil do you recommend for a 2006 fortwo ? Am I right in thinking its 5/30 fully synthetic and if so which brand is best to use ?

Cheers

Over the years i've used all sorts of brands, from Mobil 1 to Tesco's as long as it's to standard MB229.5 synthetic or semi-synthetic.
    As for grade, 0w40, 5w30, 10w40, it doesn't seem to make any difference.
    At the moment both our cars, a 2001 Mk5 & the wifes 2002 Mk6 both have Petronas syntium 3000E 5w40 in, as it was on a deal when I did the last service on them.

Cheers
    Martin.

Comment

I'm guessing you haven't used the recommended sites FQ101 & evilution yet then!?
      Oil recommendations page is a good read

Comment

Best info on oil is on Evilution@

https://www.evilution.co.uk/index.ph...vicing&mod=415

Comment

Originally posted by 2fortwofamily View Post
          I'm guessing you haven't used the recommended sites FQ101 & evilution yet then!?
          Oil recommendations page is a good read
          No never heard of them

Comment

Originally posted by tolsen View Post
            I'll have a read, thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Vannin View Post

No never heard of them

Ok so does that mean you ask a question & don't follow it up? ..as per your growling headlight whereby it was also recommended you visit those sites, Evilution is the equivalent of a smart car university degree in times of covid (ie all online) worth the subscription & helps get your head around things faster than waiting for a reply from a sadly dwindling bunch of forum type websites (sad but true after 20+ years of the original being in production)

Lots of free info, but a subscription is excellent value for money, site regularly upgraded & more detail added.

If not, your loss however it cures a lot of headaches. grazed knuckles & the like, plus kane (site owner / grease monkey) is quick to reply to fill gaps in the site for paid subscribers.

No further procrastination Vannin, ...grab a tea & a tunnocks bar & get in there.

Comment

The oil my smart ran with was actually from Texas - Fort Worth. A 15W/40 mineral oil that got it to 75,000 miles before needing a rebuild while most of the smarts on Mobil 1 only made it to 50,000 before expiring.

Comment

Originally posted by 2fortwofamily View Post

Ok so does that mean you ask a question & don't follow it up? ..as per your growling headlight whereby it was also recommended you visit those sites, Evilution is the equivalent of a smart car university degree in times of covid (ie all online) worth the subscription & helps get your head around things faster than waiting for a reply from a sadly dwindling bunch of forum type websites (sad but true after 20+ years of the original being in production)

Lots of free info, but a subscription is excellent value for money, site regularly upgraded & more detail added.

If not, your loss however it cures a lot of headaches. grazed knuckles & the like, plus kane (site owner / grease monkey) is quick to reply to fill gaps in the site for paid subscribers.

No further procrastination Vannin, ...grab a tea & a tunnocks bar & get in there.
                  Spare me the sermon, dear God.
                  Lots of assumptions on your part there.
                  But one thing is for sure and that is
                  I won't be on here again
                  Admin, good luck with the site and please
                  delete all my details, cheers

Comment

You D1ckwad ...better off without you then, clearly you are too "special" to actually hang around for answers to questions YOU asked for

Precious wee soul who wants his backside wiped & the pages turned in the book of answers he's got others to find for him.

Grow up.

PS. "procrastinate" means to keep delaying / putting off, (ie head in the sand re a decent resource many use & swear by in the main) ..thus no more procrastinating means go to the site & read because it is good.

IF you ask questions & ignore answers provided by others then you really are an ingrate, & horses @rse, which I hope you grow out of soon

Comment

Wow, someone rattled your cage didn't they 2fortwofamily?

Nice one for putting off a newbie to the site. Not everybody who has ever owned a Smart car has heard of every website related to them. I'll bet he actually looked at the link that Tolsen provided, but you jumping down his throat has obviously given him the idea that this is a hostile forum and that it is not a nice place to ask questions. You resorting to name calling is very low on the scale of human interaction.
                      The fact that he hasn't replied on the forum immediately to his post asking for help with a growling headlight does not mean he did not take the information on board. Not everyone's lives are as clear cut as yours appears to be.
                      Oh and another thing, You're not exactly a long time member of this forum so it would be a safe bet that there was a time not that long ago when you didn't know about Evilution's or FQ101's website either. Buying a Smart car does not come with a list all the forums that have grown up to support the users of the cars.

Comment

Originally posted by heinkeljb View Post
                        Wow, someone rattled your cage didn't they 2fortwofamily?

Nice one for putting off a newbie to the site. Not everybody who has ever owned a Smart car has heard of every website related to them. I'll bet he actually looked at the link that Tolsen provided, but you jumping down his throat has obviously given him the idea that this is a hostile forum and that it is not a nice place to ask questions. You resorting to name calling is very low on the scale of human interaction.
                        The fact that he hasn't replied on the forum immediately to his post asking for help with a growling headlight does not mean he did not take the information on board. Not everyone's lives are as clear cut as yours appears to be.
                        Oh and another thing, You're not exactly a long time member of this forum so it would be a safe bet that there was a time not that long ago when you didn't know about Evilution's or FQ101's website either. Buying a Smart car does not come with a list all the forums that have grown up to support the users of the cars.

Well said.
                        On a sparsely populated forum a new member with a bit of vitality about them has been chased away. Shameful 2fortwofamily. Any hope of help for you from members here probably needs recalibrating, Reap what you sow.

Comment

Originally posted by Vannin View Post

Spare me the sermon, dear God.
                          Lots of assumptions on your part there.
                          But one thing is for sure and that is
                          I won't be on here again
                          Admin, good luck with the site and please
                          delete all my details, cheers

Hang around. It isn't you who should be leaving....
                          I hope you stay - there's a wealth of knowledge with the members here who were here from early days and a willingness to share it.

Comment

Owned a few years several for twos.
                            Only moved to this forum when another closed, different name on there.
                            Was aware of Evilution et al long before we purchased a smart, It also comes up very prominently in searches since the year dot.
                            The OP had been informed of the site 3 or more times prior that the site was good & had ignored it, then claimed he'd never heard of it.

Initially I was inferring to follow it up, that was clear in the post, as was recommending the content (both free & subscription) ..pointing out that progress is made by having the full detail in front of you than in drips from here, no matter how useful that is it diminishes progress in a stop start manner.

When he went off, FC*K him, he got bent out of shape for no good reason & so I simply retorted in kind.

What sort of insult ends in "grab a tea & a tunnocks & get in there" (IE have a read) .. none, because that wasn't an insult

If I was really up for insulting everyone, then there have been a bunch of people who have asked questions & never come back when they've been answered, I would have started there IF that was my intent.

But. bark at me I'll choose to maybe bark back.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X