Brake pedal 'bite' point

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brake pedal 'bite' point

Is there any way to adjust the point at which the brake pedal starts to work. My Brab has good brakes, but in comparison to my other cars, I don't like how far I have to push the pedal down before the action really starts to happen.
    I could live with it If I have to, but I'd rather not.
    Andy

Re: Brake pedal 'bite' point

Maybe your rear brakes need adjusting to take out some of the slack.
    But i've generally found the Smart to have a long pedal travel that you learn to live with.:redface:

Comment

Originally posted by Mr T View Post
      Maybe your rear brakes need adjusting to take out some of the slack.
      But i've generally found the Smart to have a long pedal travel that you learn to live with.:redface:
      450 definitely, 451 is much much sharper.

Comment

Fit braided hoses, and dot 5.1 fluid, this should firm up the feel a bit too.

In retrospect, I suppose "supercalafragalisticexpialadocious" wasn't a great "safe word..."

Comment

Originally posted by RacingSnake View Post
          Fit braided hoses, and dot 5.1 fluid, this should firm up the feel a bit too.
          whats wrong with DOT 4 brake fluid?

Comment

The brakes are firm and good, it is just the amount of pedal travel needed before we start braking.

Comment

Originally posted by lalli_d1 View Post
              whats wrong with DOT 4 brake fluid?
              Nothing.

But will degrade to a lower performance level faster (relatively) to 5.1 due to the significantly lower boiling point.

This isn't necessarily a problem if you regularly change your fluid, but I would hazard a good guess that this is not universally done.

In retrospect, I suppose "supercalafragalisticexpialadocious" wasn't a great "safe word..."

Comment

Surely it is because the pedals are floor mounted which is the difference? I don't see how the above ideas would change the travel.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X