Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you update the satnav maps on the Highline audio unit?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you update the satnav maps on the Highline audio unit?

I used the satnav the other day and the maps are becoming unreliable as roads are changed. The speed advisory was also wrong on some new dual carriageways.
    On my old Vauxhall I just bought a DVD every couple of years from Navteq, how do you update the smart system?

Bosch Highline unit...

Have a look at this video on how to get your serial number and map version...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKuBXnKb1vo

You can check your map version on this link, see part 3 and look for updates.
    https://www.bosch-activation.com/home.exe

If there is an updated map SD card available for your Fortwo, then expect it to be over £100, going by most makes of car SATNAV units.

My car being secondhand is a bit out of date on the satnav map, but I just live with it, though there is a phantom speed camera near me, where the Satnav beeps away, even though the camera has been pulled out the ground over two years ago
    Last edited by ColSmart; 12-05-14, 09:41 AM.

Comment

Do you mean the camera was pulled out of the ground by a disgruntled speeder? oooops a chain accidentally fell of the back of my truck and wrapped itself around the pole.... honest gov! or was it actually removed because it was sprayed too many times lol.

Comment

Lets say diplomatically that was it put out of commission a lot, as most drivers knew its location was nothing about safety, and all about cash revenue. So it was removed and not replaced.

Comment

Cheers ColSmart, just what I needed to know.

Comment

If only it was that easy. In reality, what happens is, you go to smart with the serial number and map number and they look at you blankly and have no clue how to order the maps. Some will tell you to buy them from Bosch but Bosch send you straight back to smart. Price so far is unknown but I suspect it'll be more than buying a decent stand alone sat nav.

Comment

I always wondered why people pay the extra for sat nav built in. All the manufacturer does is charge a fortune to update it or in this case doesnt know how to update it. I wonder how many cars bought in the last 10yrs are still driving about on their original sat nav maps! I can bet its more than a few. My brother in law had a 406 back in 2005 and that had sat nav built in with a disc in the back. They wanted £400 to buy a new disc! lmao who were they kidding! Certainly one of the most expensive upgrades to have added to a car as an option and then you cant use it after 2 years because its out of date. I prefer my own way of using an Android phone building it in.

Comment

Originally posted by cougar7609 View Post
                ...Certainly one of the most expensive upgrades to have added to a car as an option and then you cant use it after 2 years because its out of date.
                Well come and live in Scotland like me, I use it a lot and it gets me there, as we only get a new piece of road once every decade

Though I do agree that the speed camera situation does change a lot, and on the downside a cars SATNAV cannot cover mobile speed camera vans.

Comment

If you don't speed you won't get caught!

Comment

lol! A new piece of road once a decade! Seems to me that if you dont need many new roads the system was just about perfect to begin with "We're on a road to nowhere....." There arent many cameras here, those that are are generally destroyed within a few weeks, and by destroyed I mean literally obliterated! lol They put one outside Saumur about 5yrs ago and it lasted about a month before someone dug it up with a digger and dumped it in the river! I would hazard a guess and say it was one of the travelers that frequent the area occasionally.It wasnt replaced. They rely more on standing in secluded areas with a speed gun here. I dont do anything over 90km (speed limit) so it doesnt bother me. However the roads change constantly where they build bypasses and change the orientation of many roads every year, so an outdated sat nav is not a good thing.
                    Last edited by cougar7609; 13-05-14, 01:02 PM.

Comment

Has anyone actually had the highline tele maps update since the 2011/2012 ones? Bosch say 2014/2015 is the latest .... utility cannot be Found!

Comment

I don't believe anyone has ever had a map update since the 2011/2012 initial one. It's supposed to be TeleAtlas and search as you might you'll not find anything even copying the data from Bosch. There's enough to have already said that the Multimedia unit is about the worst ever with appalling graphics! I even used it (which is not common for me as it's awful) and guess what it 'froze' ( as I needed some directions)! Useless bit of kit!!! This rubbish would have cost circa £1500 to install when you can pay circa £400 for a brilliant 3rd part replacement.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X