MPG Update.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MPG Update.

Well started a new contract a few weeks ago based near Hanger Lane just past the Ace Café.
    Lets start with the bad news first ? Then we will get to the excuses

A new personal worst figure of 67.89mpg

Current average on this contract 74.35mpg

The excuses :

1/ Not joining the M1 until 6am and it's fairly busy and solid down at Staples Corner.

2/ A406 North Circular stop start morning and night.

3/ Air con on most of the time with the recent very hot weather.

4/ General central London aggressive driving and being cut up.

5/ Driving into the heart of London with some journeys averaging 8 mph (transporting files/documents and large tender documents etc).

6/ Long traffic jams.

But the overall average MPG is a slightly better 81.21mpg

Nothing else to report.

I will make you feel better

I have a cdi at 4500 miles now in a year. The best I have had is 66mpg and the usual is 52mpg (lowest) to 55mpg.

I have the aircon a lot and live in SW London. The car is normally used for 10-15 miles journeys each way but now I work 4 miles from where I live so I have to be careful to make sure I do a longer journey every week or so.

If I could get your mpg I would be very happy !

Comment

Last night I got 67mpg from my 117bhp 451 turbo cabrio. I would still like my CDI fixed though.

Comment

Originally posted by Evilution View Post
        Last night I got 67mpg from my 117bhp 451 turbo cabrio. I would still like my CDI fixed though.
        This just shows what I've always believed - the 1.0T engine can be quite frugal if driven sensibly. Gotta buy one till they last...

Comment

A/C takes a hammering on the MPG. I hardly ever use it.
          But the recent hot spell is requiring a lot of A/C, so MPG is down

On the subject of A/C I notice on mine that there is a gurgling sound from it for around two minutes after pressing the on button, and then relatively quiet as the system settles down. Do you lot get that as well? The system is working and churning out cold air.

Is this gurgling a sign that the refirgerant is on its way out needing regassing, or is this a standard noise on startup of A/C?

Comment

Originally posted by ColSmart View Post

On the subject of A/C I notice on mine that there is a gurgling sound from it for around two minutes after pressing the on button, and then relatively quiet as the system settles down. Do you lot get that as well? The system is working and churning out cold air.

Is this gurgling a sign that the refirgerant is on its way out needing regassing, or is this a standard noise on startup of A/C?
            Mine is very quiet no noises, if the fan is on the 2nd speed and I turn the air con on, the revs rise up to about 1,100rpm on tick over and there is a notable drop in up hill performance.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X