Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brabus 451 acceleration problems

Hi All

Put my foot down to get past a bus today but my Braby went utterly gutless until it changed gear again and things got moving a bit more. Probably pushing from 30ish to overtake but I dont know if I am expecting more than I can get but I dont think it was this slovenly before.

You should get more than that. I watched an a*&^*(e in a 14 Boxster yesterday bully everyone from the outside lane. I quietly pulled in behind him at the traffic lights and off he went as did I keeping up (just). In the end he had to slow down out of sheer embarrassment Love these cars.

Comment

Thats what I was thinking. Would any of the diagnostics application identify the problem?

Comment

Sorry, I couldn't advise, mine's under warranty so it's straight back to Mercedes if there are any issues. Hope you get it sorted soon. Quick thought, are you using high octane petrol?

Comment

It varies I am a bit out in the sticks so I have to go to a local spot and they only have 96 -97. Any higher I am looking at a 10 mile run out to the nearest Shell or BP.

Comment

Out of interest should I be able to find out if the car is in safe mode? Are three any indicators apart from the acceleration?

Comment

I'm pretty sure a warning light will come on the dashboard. I reckon it's your petrol, I was tempted to run mine on standard but decided not to after advice on this forum, glad I stuck with Tesco's momentum.

Comment

Out of interest anyone know of a good Smart mechanic in Hull area? Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Les050964 View Post
                  Out of interest should I be able to find out if the car is in safe mode? Are three any indicators apart from the acceleration?
                  With a 450 disconnecting and reconnecting the battery takes it out of safe mode. Fault codes are lost and it will re-enter safe mode though as soon as it refinds the problem. Briefly though, it's out of safe mode and it's obvious it was previously in safe mode. Presumably the same applies to 451s.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X