Tyres

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyres

I am interested to know what tyre brands people here prefer on their 'steeds'. Mine still has the regular Conti-Contact 3's but will need changing soon. I have heard Vredestein Quatrac 3 are good replacements but......?

Toyo Proxes T1R. They have been discontinued so they are cheap. They wear really well and grip amazingly.

Comment

I am running Hankook Ventus H4 in size 215/35-17 on all four corners of my '09 US spec Brabus coupe on 7.5" wide wheels.

Comment

Thank you both......

Comment

I changed to a brand new set of Yoko Blue Earth when we bought our Ltd 2. Reasonable price and could get all 4 on the staggered set up.

They are wearing well, less noisy and much easier to more the steering at low speed than the Conti's.

Comment

I have a set of Falken ZE914's (195/45/16) on 7.5" rims all round.
            Have had no issues with them, just look old fashioned tread pattern & are surprisingly good in the snow!

The wifes car has Hankook Optimo 4S's on the front. These are 4 season tyres, therefore good in cold weather. I guess softer compound, but being on the front seem to have lasted forever!
            On the rear she has Maxxis MA 510N's which again seem to have lasted forever.
            She has never moaned about her tyres, but as she drives like an old granny I don't suppose she would notice any difference...lol.

I notice your looking at Quadtrac 3's which is also a four season tyre. Any reason for this?

Comment

Michelin Pilot Sport 3 (nee Exalto) in the summer and Kleber Quadraxer in winter, 195/50-15 allround - the smallest size the PS3 is available in I think.

Comment

What ever is cheapest name brand I can find I have never pushed the limit before so all been fine

Comment

I did some looking around and took the above recommendations on board too but still had to go with the Conti Eco Contacts due to price and availability in my area. I was also desperate as the side wall of one front was daggered by a pothole.

Comment

Thanks to all who replied. I am now looking at replacing the rear tyres as being Conti Sport 175/55/r15 they havent worn out on the tread but the side walls are starting to show signs of perishing. Would you folks stick with the standard size which on my 2008 451 are the 175/55/r15 or could i change to 195/50/r15 which seem to have more choices around sth essex(uk). Are there disadvantages ?? I was wondering if the ride on our pot holed side roads would be even harder? Any advice appreciated.

Comment

Can't see a problem as they are only 20mm wider & actually have a bigger sidewall & are ok on 5.5J rims
                      Going by this http://www.carbibles.com/tyre_bible_pg4.html (about a third down the page) they're 0.44% bigger diameter.

50% of 195 = 97.5mm
                      55% of 175 = 96.25mm

Comment

• Lurch
                        Lurch commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Thanks for that Mt T and as Thrumbleux wrote i will check the clearance on my 451.

Diameter wise they can be considered equivalents. Mine are fitted to a rim designed for the 175/55 - no problems. Might be worth checking you have 10 mm clearance between your existing 175/55's inner sidewall and the strut. If there is and few mm besides than there's room for a 195/50. Beneficial mod on a 450 as it seriously reduces the understeer. Any deterioration in the ride quality barely noticed as it was piss poor to kick off with.

Comment

• Lurch
                        Lurch commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Good point about the clearance, thanks.

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X