gearbox default auto/manual

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bob-in-dav View Post
    So - having thrown the cat amongst the pigeons, has anybody else tried to do it and found something different or is it something that's been lurking in the background just needing exposure?

Can it be done on an early car?

Can it be done on a 451?
    it can be done , with a 700cc smart car.( 450 and 452 )

Comment

Just collected my R Class from Mercedes again ... again .... again and asked about the AUTO MANUAL default. Apparently gearbox software on the 450 and 452 will always default to auto (unless it's been specifically told not to) BUT the 451 Fortwo should default back to what it was last left in. So according to the service manager (after he'd asked his Smart 'expert') there's a fault somewhere geabox electrickery wise.
      Anyone know anything abouut it? I'd prefer not to take my car back to MB Notlob (there's a palindrone there from the Dead Parrot sketch ) Control/Alt/Delete maybe ..... lol

Comment

Both our 450's start in whatever you left them in, glad they do as mine is nearly always in manual & the wifes one has been in auto for the last 13 1/2 years!...lol

Comment

Originally posted by Mr T View Post
          Both our 450's start in whatever you left them in, glad they do as mine is nearly always in manual & the wifes one has been in auto for the last 13 1/2 years!...lol

If it starts in manual, then it's been told to do so, by default (so I was told), a 450 is the same as a 452 (Roadster) and will start in Auto

A 451 is the same as a 450 & 452 but different ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by EmilysDad View Post
            So according to the service manager (after he'd asked his Smart 'expert') there's a fault somewhere geabox electrickery wise.
            Anyone know anything abouut it? I'd prefer not to take my car back to MB Notlob (there's a palindrone there from the Dead Parrot sketch ) Control/Alt/Delete maybe ..... lol
            Sounds like their workshop/job diary is looking empty .......lol

I still stand by my first reply

Comment

Originally posted by EmilysDad View Post

If it starts in manual, then it's been told to do so, by default (so I was told), a 450 is the same as a 452 (Roadster) and will start in Auto

A 451 is the same as a 450 & 452 but different ;-)
              Your dealer has given you bum information there. If your 452 has the 2006 software update, it will, by default, remember whether it's been left in Auto or Manual.
              If your 452 has the original 2003 software, it will by default, always start in Auto.

It may be changeable by STAR but those are the defaults.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X