Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Pride And Joy

So.... Heres the story....

Back in 2014 I brought myself a 2008 john cooper works mini, thought at the age of 18 that was a pretty cool car to have due to just getting a new job and stuff I thought yeah I would treat myself.... took the car to shows and meets but realised, actually there are lot of mini's that have already been done.

So in 2015 I wanted to buy something completely different, but what?

This is where the laughing will begin....

I brought myself a 2011 genuine Brabus smart car, yes that's right a SMART, and a hell of a lot of people said 'why did you sell your mini for that?'

Well people this is why,

This smart car is the only one that was ever built, it is genuinely a 1 0f 1 car, the only one ever built by brabus in Germany from factory, (not some young, dumb, living of mum kid that painted it), the car new was £26,000, and a lot of people are sitting right now saying 'that's waaaaaaay to much', but was it?

The car belonged to gulf race team, the car was used for stands, pit days, and a promotion car, now that itself is pretty cool.... I'm not a fan of racing but as I own a 2006 brabus smart I thought, 'yes I want another!'

The car isn't everyones taste but I am just trying to get the car seen more and get it into shows this year, the only show I have ever been to in the car was beaulieu 2015 and won second in show! pretty good achievement!

Now, a lot of you are thinking whats the performance like, well its effing quick! its a 1.0 turbo rear wheel drive paddle shift + launch control. Currently running 101.9bhpp with print out!

Modifications are as follows: (haven't done many yet as don't want to ruin it)
    - Carbon dipped custom made front splitter (S-mann Netherlands)
    - Carbon dipped custom made rear spoiler (S-mann Netherlands)
    - Carbon fibre eye brows
    - (factory) fitted brabus wheels 8j rear 6j front
    - 30mm front wheel spacers
    - 20mm rear wheel spacers
    - CNC black aluminium paddles (yes its paddle shift)
    - 30mm lowering springs (coilovers ordered soon!)
    - (factory) hand stitched seats
    - (factory) hand stitched dash
    - (factory) brabus steering wheel (£1099 option)
    - (factory) paintwork and stripe
    - (factory) pioneer satnav system
    - (factory) bose speakers
    And a hell of a lot more!

so now your all bored of reading here are the pictures, I know its not everyones cup of tea but please try and be nice....

Thank you all for taking the time to read this, please follow my Instagram @thatgulfsmart for more pictures!
    Attached Files

First off, welcome to the forum!

I remember seeing this at Beaulieu this year just gone, it does look/sound stunning.

Comment

It was a travesty that it came 2nd at Beaulieu. It should have won by a country mile.... IMHO of course....

Comment

Looks good.

When you say it's quick, I thought 102bhp was the standard for a 451 brabus.

Comment

As far as I recall, there was a run of the 451 Brabus that had 102bhp out of the box but from what I recall, a 451 Brabus normally had 98bhp advertised.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X