84 turbo passion or Brabus ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 84 turbo passion or Brabus ?

Hello there i am considering purchasing my first smart car as a daily commuter a 25 mile round trip on B roads !. I want to get a cabriolet and initially i really fancied a Brabus but last week i test drove a 2009 30,000 miler i loved the fun and it really put a smile on my face but the ride was horrific i could actually feel the teeth rattling in my gums ..... so everything i loved about it but the ride was just to hard as an everyday driver ! Anyway the next car i drove was a 2012 84 turbo shod with Brabus wheels although the ride was hard it was not as extreme as the brabus still plenty of road noise due to the Barbus alloys though ... the handling was not to bad but not as sharp .
    I appreciate with the short wheel basis the ride is always going to be firm and with the more sports and lowered suspension of the Brabus even harder but is the bone jarring ride of the brabus that i tested normally that much worse than the standard 451 on Brabus alloys ?... i still really would like a Brabus but if that is the difference then for a bit of fun fine but for everyday !!!!!!.
    To be fair i am used to firm suspension and prefer it having owned 911s to various lotuses TVRs act . Should i try another Brabus before making my mind up ? Any help much appreciated .....

I would go for the Passion, the Brabus is too firm IMHO, certainly so for here in Edinburgh where we still have a lot of cobbled streets, given how short the car is it needs compliant suspension.

Comment

Less the length than the height which mandates stiff springing to counter what would otherwise be excessive roll.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X