3 lines of doom

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 lines of doom

Got in the car this morning, tried starting my turbo 84bhp & nothing :-( Never had a problem in the 18 months I've had it but got zilch this morning. Good job it's a 2nd car & I had another car to go work in.
    I'll have to see what my iCarsoft has to say when I get home from work, though if it's still brass monkey weather it might have to wait.

May cost you more to sort out a 451 compared to a 450 due to substantially higher parts prices. Hope it is not a broken clutch actuator drive pinion.

Comment

Originally posted by tolsen View Post
      May cost you more to sort out a 451 compared to a 450 due to substantially higher parts prices. Hope it is not a broken clutch actuator drive pinion.
      Can I assume that's a common failure then?

Comment

Yes, pinion snapping off is a common fault with the 451 clutch actuator. Costly around £450.

Comment

Just thinking ..... is there a loom that could have been damaged when it got shunted from behind the other week?

Comment

• Thrumbleux
            Thrumbleux commented
            Editing a comment
            Anything there could have been damaged. Insurance claim.

Yes, pinion snapping off is a common fault with the 451 clutch actuator. Costly around £450.
          Nearly as much as Merc want for a Roadsters. haha

Comment

Got home an hour ago. Tried various combinations of brake, in drive or reverse to see if there was any signs of movement underneath. Looked at the dash & there was a N ..... the bl99dy thing started :-?
            I'll see what happens again in the morning

Comment

No good owning a car like that. Imagine you being chased by lions or polar bears. Then you jump into your 451 Smart and the bloody thing won’t start. You get shredded and eaten alive including your soul. Lucky mine is a reliable 450 diesel.
              Last edited by tolsen; 24-02-18, 10:29 PM.

Comment

• Thrumbleux
                Thrumbleux commented
                Editing a comment
                Easy meat in a cabriolet. Bears will peel the lid off like it's a Muller Light. Outrun a bear in a CDI? Hmm....

No good owning a car like that. Image you being chased by lions or polar bears. Then you jump into your 451 Smart and the bloody thing won’t start. You get shredded and eaten alive including your soul. Lucky mine is a reliable 450 diesel.
              This is the 1st time in 18 months or so I've had any problems with it. I've done 10/11 thousand miles in it, taking it to 47000 just the other day .... perhaps it's jyst jealous of the Roadster tucked up, nice & warm in my garage :-)
              And if I was being chased by lions &/or polar bears, I'd jump in my R Class ...... Not a bite sized Smart. lol ;-)

And one diseasal car in a household us enough for any household :-)

Comment

My 450 diesel has now done 235k. Only one major breakdown so far. Diesel high pressure pump sprang a leak in the most remotest place in the uk, Arnisdale. Ian Fleming, the father of James Bond once lived there. Gavin Maxwell, author of rings of bright water used to live nearby at Camusfearna - Sandaig. Maxwell’’s otter which he had brought from Irak bread with the local otter population.
                I recall Arnisdale was particularly midge ridden. I did the most painful Smart repair in history in Arnisdale.
                Last edited by tolsen; 24-02-18, 10:49 PM.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X