Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smart Fortwo Instrument cluster

Hi all,
    I have recently purchased a 2010 Smart Fortwo Passion CDI Auto 54BHP and I'm trying to change a few settings, I've had a look on YouTube how to reset the oil and succeeded with that but ive noticed on my speedometer and digital dial it's showing as km instead of miles, is there any way to change that and also how do I find out what mpg I'm getting?

Originally posted by AKZ 11 View Post
    Hi all,
    I have recently purchased a 2010 Smart Fortwo Passion CDI Auto 54BHP and I'm trying to change a few settings, I've had a look on YouTube how to reset the oil and succeeded with that but ive noticed on my speedometer and digital dial it's showing as km instead of miles, is there any way to change that and also how do I find out what mpg I'm getting?
    The kph read out seems to be an EU thing, my Merc has the same & you cant get shut of it.
    Miles per gallon is done old fashioned way, brim to brim at the petrol pump, divide miles travelled by number of gallons used. ;-)

Comment

On the earlier 450 models you could get the odometer changed from KM to Miles by reprogramming it using an MBstar unit. But if you disconnected the battery it would sometimes revert back to KM.
      I don't know if this is true for the later 451 model.

Comment

Mine only has miles on the actual clock so it needs to have kph somewhere, hence the digital readout. I imported mine to Greece so without the kph readout I'd have had to change all sorts, to make it compliant.

What is "re-setting the oil" by the way? Maybe something specific to oil burners or a service re-set.

Comment

Thank you for responding on this thread. Its a little bit annoying that I can't change the digital reading from kph to mph, I meant the service re-set.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X