ForTwo Coupe 2008 or Smart City 2003?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ForTwo Coupe 2008 or Smart City 2003?

I'm looking to buy either of the above which are currently available to me. The car is for my wife who's just passed her test. Unfortunately I know next to nothing about Smart cars so could do with some help.

The ForTwo Coupe is 2008, 999cc, Automatic and has done 71K. Price is £2100

The Smart City is 2003, 698cc, Automatic and has done 53k. Price is £1500

Which one do you think I should go for?

Thanks.

53000 miles is getting close to the *initial* design life (though many have 125,000 by now) so what I am saying is take someone more knowledgeable than yourself (a smart mechanic) check out its MOT history (free basic checks online via the likes of car analytics website) you will need the registration ..it is always an insight.

What sort of environment is your wife driving in? if its motorway she may well freak at high winds which buffet ANY small cars (reminder)

Please remember also a car can be chipped for better acceleration response, but drive like a nutter & wear stuff more prematurely, it does help with having more confidence for overtaling maneouveres without lag, out, past & back in in a flash

My wife loves our smarts, Brabus for the paddle gears, seats & speed, & the other because it is now ALSO a pocket rocket in disguise.
    (one is standard with just a chip re-map, the other is full blown brabus, re-map & upgrades to many parts, BOTH are fun).

Thoroughly recommend you read up on the evilution site for consistent answers, photo's et al, it is extensive without being expensive for a year (though much of it is also free).

You already know the general consensus on the MHD I hope? (& how to recognise one).

IF your wife is a nervous new driver then the 450 is noticeably smaller in width (it's a tardis though & we pack ours out when we visit the wholesaler, the boot is WAY bigger to pile & pack out than a standard modern mini).

My daughter is now learning to drive in the Brabus 450.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X