No announcement yet.

faults .

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you have size 10 shoes or greater then you have no where to place your left foot except under the clutch pedal.
    I'll never be test driving a manual then with my size 12s.

Comment

Brown is the new White. It's the colour manufacturers are pushing. I see quite a few each day that the sheep have bought.

Comment

Picked up my new fortwo on 24th April, I've done over 2500 miles without a fault - it drives superbly. I've owned a 450 & a 451 and I think this car is by far the best. Oh....and it's brown!
        Last edited by LindyD; 30-08-15, 10:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LindyD View Post
          . Oh....and it's brown!

Welcome Lindy

Comment

Originally posted by ColSmart View Post
            If you have size 10 shoes or greater then you have no where to place your left foot except under the clutch pedal.
            I went into my local dealer to try one on for size today, and from what I could see, it doesn't matter what size your feet are, there's no room at all to slide your foot off to the left of the clutch pedal. Why? The centre console is not doing anything very useful. It doesn't really need to be there. It could be hollowed out to make space for a footrest, or just a gap for your left foot. I currently drive a Skoda Citigo (VW Up! clone), and there's loads of space in the footwell

This is a complete dealbreaker for me. I'd love another smart, but I wouldn't buy a manual version of either model at the moment, just because of the pedals.

Comment

Just buy the DCT version , problem solved... and very nicely ......

By the way the bodyshell gets in the way of making much if any space to the left of pedal.

Comment

Originally posted by 10:45PM View Post
                Just buy the DCT version , problem solved.
                Just the trivial consideration of nearly a thousand pounds, though.

Comment

Minor problem

Comment

I've had me ForTwo Edition one since June and I'm still really enjoying it. The only items to mention as negatives for me are the boor handles jam all the time..... Plastic on plastic and the Alarm goes off daily - usually in the dead of the night. Its the plunger under the bonnet. oh, and the MPH rarely goes above 45 even when driving gently. I love the amazing turning curcle and funky styling.

Comment

Originally posted by melcragg View Post
                      the Alarm goes off daily - usually in the dead of the night. Its the plunger under the bonnet
                      There's a fix , one that you could DIY with some suitable rubber stick on foot (for example)... or just take it to the dealer who will add the official spacing pad/pedestal.

bonnet.jpg

Add the circular pad (just under my name in the first photo) , about 6mm thick by 20mm diameter (to give it a good chance of meeting where the switch lands)
                      It just depresses the switch more to ensure it's fully switched

switch.jpg

oh, and the MPG rarely goes above 45 even when driving gently. I love the amazing turning curcle and funky styling.
                      It's an accumulated average of course ... so you would have to do a lot of miles (in relation to the earlier (in each journey) higher MPG miles) to make it start to shift upwards (very slowly), you're approaching the plateau of your cars average MPG with you driving it.
                      And each days average (from start) gets added to the 'from reset' average reading, so if you keep adding ~ 45 that's where it's gonna plateau too.

Comment

Is the Alarm on all models or just some of the higher spec ones?

I would be going for the Passion model anyway, so I assume no alarm.

I have never had an alarm on a car for years, as they are more hassle than they are worth, No-one looks when an alarm goes off nowadays. I prefer relying on Immobilisers instead, no noise..

Comment

The alarm was standard earlier in the year on all models , but got made a money option on all models in august/september , it's all detailed in the brochure

http://tools.mercedes-benz.co.uk/cur...art-fortwo.pdf

It's £295 now, I got mine included/free ... and it's 100% perfectly stable/fault free (as long as it's post june ish manufacture or you've had the fix for the bonnet switch for the early flakey ones)
                          Last edited by 10:45PM; 24-12-15, 01:18 PM.

Comment

Any 453 owners having difficulty filling the fuel tank? Several new owners in the USA are reporting problems getting the tank to fill completely.

Comment

Nope

But they may have different mechanisms in the filler neck

Comment

Much like the 451, the smart has lost it's identity! The 450 has such a quirkiness that is endearing, the 451 has too much Mercedes about it, sadly. I have 2 450 Cabrios and 2 451 Cabrios, the 451 Turbo with Brabus mods is enjoyable but isn't a patch on the 450! The 451 MHD 2013 is too much like a convertible A-Class. Too much Mercedes, sadly I think the 453 will be the same. This is similar with most cars these days. Fiat 500 and MINI have suffered same fate.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X