new car

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new car

Just got mine yesterday (in case you don't visit the smartclub)

Frickin' awesome gearbox (DCT) and the 90 engine too !
    Who needs paddles !!!

Enjoy:

Finned rear drums!!!! Repeatedly reading of the 'notchy' manual box and nowhere to place left foot but under the clutch pedal on the manual leaves me thinking your choice of DCT was a good one - despite the added complexity. A two-pedal fortwo - as it should be!
    Hope you enjoy it TAIM.

Comment

I repeat gearbox is awesome - virtually seamless changes - just plant the pedal and go ! , yes it's added complexity .... and added weight , but the engine makes up for that somewhat. There's gallons of left foot room on the DCT pedal arrangement, nice wide pedal too

Comment

Coming up to the 1000 mark and still finding it a pretty much awesome drive.

First time I've gone with the high output (equivalent of the brabus 451/450 @90) engine in 12/13 years of smarting.... and very glad I did.
        I've normally gone with the middle output.

It goes like **** off a hot shovel, and with the DCT makes it just move with no "in between gears" moments.
        I've took a few people by surprise

Comment

Looks good

So it it better to drive in full auto or using the stick in semi-auto mode?

Also by getting black leather seats, how did you avoid white trim on dash, gearstick cover and interior doors?

When you look at the trim and model options I have only seen black leather with white trim. Maybe this has changed?
          Asking as I prefer an all black interior.

Comment

Black dash is the new interior, yes they changed it.

Just put it in auto and press the go pedal, I don't think I've used the manual shift yet.!?!
            I also would say steering wheel paddleshift would be redundant! , I came from a paddled 451!
            Just love the DCT 'box!!

Go on the smart website and scroll down to the UK configurator, you can build it in front of you.
            Mine's a prime

Comment

Looks Good mate

In retrospect, I suppose "supercalafragalisticexpialadocious" wasn't a great "safe word..."

Comment

Yay !, where've you been hiding Gav

Comment

Looks good. Im glad the gearbox is good in yours, the ones I tested in France were sluggish and didnt like changing, but then they also were matched with lower powered engines, looks like they may be refining how it works. The dashboard looks better as well, although the little trinket holder tray is still where they put it! Difficult for a tall driver to reach forward to open and see what is in it.
                  Last edited by cougar7609; 10-11-15, 10:30 AM.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X