Where are the new Fortwos?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where are the new Fortwos?

Well the new 2015 Fortwo was launched in Spring this year, and after all these months where are they all?

Seems to have been a bit of a disaster with regard to seeing any on the road.

I have only seen one parked in a public carpark in Berwick-upon- tweed when on holiday, and that's it, yet seen a lot of the new Forfour.

Got a feeling that the new looks of the Fortwo with that 'bonnet' has put off existing 451 and 450 owner from buying one, plus the price to buy is very steep, considering that you could get a lot more of a car (other makes) for the money.

I think a major reason the Forfour is outselling the fortwo, is that the leasing was cheaper on the Forfour rather than the Fortwo. They should have given out better deals initially for the Fortwo at launch as well.

I and many others I bet, are still on the fence with regard buying one of these new shaped Fortwos, and it will take better pricing and getting used to that bonnet shape, before buying/or leasing one at a later date.

It took me almost four years from launch of the 451, till I got one to replace my 450, so there is hope yet for the 453

Mind you, still awaiting to see the 453 Fortwo convertible in the flesh, and its (gulp) pricing.
    Last edited by ColSmart; 07-12-15, 10:34 PM.

Too ugly and too expensive to sell well.

Comment

the only reason they are pushing the 'forfour' more is because the original forfour didnt do so well i recon. plus think about it, you pay £170 per month (i think) for a car with 2 seats or the same for a car with 4 seats. the forfour is a better deal BUT i still dont like it, even after i drove the 1 litter. my goodness was it dead, my 1.1 forfour at the time pulled better.

Comment

ive test drove the new fortwo cabrio / convertible with the auto box . lovely to drive with the auto , far better & smoother then the manual
        but like you say high price puts people off .
        not many new fortwo,s local to me in newquay , cornwall . seen more new forfours ..
        bonnet looks like a copy of the toyota IQ .

tony [ oldgit ] .

Comment

• Yellowhat
          Yellowhat commented
          Editing a comment
          Where did you get your hands on a Cabrio? I've put money down on a new one from my local dealer and not heard a peep from them since october. my patience is wearing... I'm really excited about the new fortwo having had my cabrio for the last five years. The price is high but not enough to put me off. My only concern is the audio option. as they're not interchangeable with a third party offering, I want to have the best option possible for my fussy audio needs.

Well I have test driven the 70 BHP and the 91 BHP on the Fortwo, and the 91 BHP is far nippier (definitely the one to go for). But downside is that extra cost is involved again to get the more powerful engine.

Another factor that puts me off with the UK's RHD cars manual gearbox and clutch pedal, is that if you have shoes bigger than my size 10 (EU 44) then you cannot get your foot down to the left of the clutch pedal to rest it. (Yet the LHD car even has a foot rest pedal to the left as there is more room).

This means you have to lift off the clutch pedal and pull your foot back and under the clutch pedal. Not clever at all. A pure case of who cares about those Brits with RHD.

So two options for me, either buy the auto (which is yet more money), or remove part of the central console under the gear stick housing, to get room for a foot rest

Comment

• lalli_d1
          lalli_d1 commented
          Editing a comment
          rather than putting your foot under the clutch pedal, why not just rest your left foot near the seat i.e. as if you were to sit crossed legged.

in the lhd market the foot rest isnt there by design, it just so happens that the wheel arch comes in to the car slightly therefore making the pedal position being where it is, and its not just us brits that suffer the lack of foot rest, its other rhd markets Smart import to.

The three pedal thing is what made me buy the DCT 'box.... and I'm glad I did ,well worth it(A grand), pretty much seamless.

I went for the turbo option too,it's not a huge amount more money £500/£600 ?

But in reality I got the value of both those off the whole car deal give or take a £ or 2, so all good

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X