Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for 'How to' fix water leak from Roadster mirrors guide (affects speakers)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for 'How to' fix water leak from Roadster mirrors guide (affects speakers)

Hi there

I know that on one of the Smart car owner forums (Roadster section) there was a section dedicated to solving the water leak from door mirrors which damages door speakers.
    (I did store the guide in 'my favourites' - sadly now lost)

Some kindly person had posted a quide, which showed you how to remove the mirrors, take them apart, and I believe, apply mastic to resolve the problem. (with pics included)

Trouble is, two hours later, I can't find the guide anywhere, and I really need it

I've seen the various 'how to' pages for all other leaks, but my water problem is from the door mirrors and not the roof area etc.

Please help!!

Thanks in advance
    Suzie

Re: Looking for 'How to' fix water leak from Roadster mirrors guide (affects speakers

Hi Suzie,

I think the guide you are referring to was posted by 'BigBlueBoy'

Sadly, he demanded that his guides were removed from all sites, and he now charges a fairly large sum for them.

Comment

Re: Looking for 'How to' fix water leak from Roadster mirrors guide (affects speakers

Oh pooey!

I NEED it! - Me wonders how he takes payment

Smart had a bash at fixing the leaks, and not only didn't cure them, but it returned with the piggin mechanisms back to front (I had to lower the adjusting knob to get my mirrors to turn left to right, and vice versa!)

Anyway, as I am griping with them today, I stated the guide I had seen and they are keen to gain the knowledge and hopefully fix the leaks for good.

I'm gutted, as after much apologising, they were going to take the car back in next week

Comment

Originally posted by Suzie*Q View Post
        Oh pooey!

I NEED it! - Me wonders how he takes payment

Smart had a bash at fixing the leaks, and not only didn't cure them, but it returned with the piggin mechanisms back to front (I had to lower the adjusting knob to get my mirrors to turn left to right, and vice versa!)

Anyway, as I am griping with them today, I stated the guide I had seen and they are keen to gain the knowledge and hopefully fix the leaks for good.

I'm gutted, as after much apologising, they were going to take the car back in next week
        Would be worth Merc buying the guides surely. Am sure they can afford it

Hazy x

Comment

It may or may not be of much to you but it is free!

I took mine apart and off the door without actually separating them. Then I applied bathroom sealant to the joining surfaces and ran a ring round where the mirror adjuster passes through. Important to clear up any excess properly but it did seem to work. Another way that water comes in around there is over the seal where the door meets the body. I think that this is more difficult to fix but it is possible to adjustt he door to make a firmer fix on this seal and to use a silicone spray - Wurth - for instance to help the seal do its job. The water very rarely actually gets into the speakers but I know that it is a pain. good luck

Comment

Ah thanks for that, I'll pass the info on

Comment

Hi,

I have a smart roadster coupe and i took it into mercedes this morning as i cant leave my leaking problem any longer.
              When i bought the car i was not informed of the leak and within weeks I had to take it in to be "fixed"
              It wasnt fixed..

anyways the reason for my post is that .. i have just had a call from Mercedes stating that there are 3 parts which need to be replaced.

Two triangle parts in the wind mirrors
              The seal around the drivers side window (which I expected)
              And a part of the roof needs to be replaced

'Smart' have advised that as the car is 3-4 years out of warranty they will not pay out much for the repairs. They came back with the follow-

0% on the mirrors
              25% Labour costs
              50 % for part of the roof

Overall I am only getting 25% discount and my total cost for the repairs is £636.85!!

Is there anywhere cheaper? or does anyone have a fix... ?
              I love my car and its getting ruined

I would appreciate any help.
              thank you

Comment

look on TRN
                theres guides for alot of leak types on there

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X