Key is reluctant to work.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Jorgen

The sure fire way to sort out your problem is to change the cdsmart.dll file on your computer - this is pretty easy to do once you get hold of it.
    You can download it from MHH AUTO but you need to pay abou $10 to join the forum.
    With this file replaced you don't have to go through the TAN code generator part of the process - it does it automatically for all those things that require TAN coding.

Here's another approach - http://www.evilution.co.uk/index.php...0star&mod=1151
    Last edited by bob-in-dav; 25-06-16, 11:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by madDan View Post
      Re: Key is reluctant to work.

The manual is a cut and paste of the 42 manual - it is wrong if it flashes 9 times on the Roady your key needs reprogramming.
      This is right, I learned that the hard way. Unlocking the car in the morning it flashed 9 times. Locking it at work, it did not work. I had to use the locking procedure, it is something like, wit the ignition on, push the locking button on the dash, then turn ignition off and close the door. I am not sure it is exactly wright but it is something like that.
      To get home I had to ask my wife to come to my work with the other key.

Jörgen

Comment

Originally posted by krassegrand View Post

This is right, I learned that the hard way. Unlocking the car in the morning it flashed 9 times. Locking it at work, it did not work. I had to use the locking procedure, it is something like, wit the ignition on, push the locking button on the dash, then turn ignition off and close the door. I am not sure it is exactly wright but it is something like that.
        To get home I had to ask my wife to come to my work with the other key.

Jörgen
        Took you 1851 days to respond to madDan's post!

Comment

I am Swedish

Comment

madDan hasn't been on this forum for years.
            He is to be found on TRN.

Comment

The thing is that I was looking for something else and found this old post. I am not on this forum very much ether. Is doesn't seem to agree with my computer system.

Jörgen

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X