Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

should Roadster start engine only by the key and gear in N?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• should Roadster start engine only by the key and gear in N?

well, question is should Roadster start engine only by the key and gear in N or it should be the brake pedal be pressed, as well?

Should start with key and gear in N,no need to press the brake pedal.

Comment

No you don't have to put your foot on the brake to start the engine, it just has to be in neural.
      But you do need foot on the brake to select a gear, otherwise you get a "0" on the dash.

Comment

oh, i see.

i just got the ABS+ESP error so no hill-assist and thought it is somehow connected with the brake pedal (i remember smth like that from my fortwo era)

Comment

The abs/ESP error is commonly linked to one or both of the switches being faulty within the break pedal plunger.

Comment

can you show on a diagram please?

Comment

Hi, the two times my ESP/abs light was on and no hill start it was to do with the steering wheel. The 1st was a slow speed collision with another vehicle that nudged the front wheel slight and the steering wheel was no longer centred on the straight. A quick visit to Kwik fit (3 actually so give the a wide berth!), to go the tracking done fixed it. The 2nd time was after I installed a new steering wheel and it needed recoding to the car which was done at s2's.

Comment

Originally posted by maki View Post
                well, question is should Roadster start engine only by the key and gear in N or it should be the brake pedal be pressed, as well?

Depends whether in gear or not. If you left it in Reverse as you took the key out when you last used the car, you'll have to press the brake to start it. If left in neutral, you don't.

Comment

thanks for answers!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X