Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie with some questions...

Hi all,

Acquired an 04 Roadster last week - couldn't resist it ! It's in need of some work & general TLC, so felt I could help get it back to it's former glory.

Electrics all function OK, with the exception of Central Locking.

If I use the Key Fob to lock the car, the doors locks cycle (lock/unlock)

However, if I sit in the car and use the dashboard lock button, the doors lock

I've joined Evilution and discovered the door locks have integrated sensors to give locked/unlocked signal (to SAM I guess ?), so I must assume both door locks are OK, as they lock when using the dash button ?

I'm now thinking maybe it's an issue with the 433Mhz system (Key receiver module ?)

I'm certain others here must have had exactly the same issue - any pointers as to the likely cause ?

Thanks

Doors won't lock if one door is not latched. Perhaps there is some logic built into the internal lock button making most doors luck for security reasons. This is something I have not tested so could be wrong.

Comment

Just tried it with my rear hatch open on my 451 and the interior doesn't even respond although the remote will still attempt a lock/unlock cycle.

Suggest you check the fuel filler door lock is operating correctly and all other locks , although it may not prove conclusively the various switches within them are working fully when they're supposed to , but I'd still suspect a dodgy lock rather than the receiver module 1st.

Comment

It's a single earth wire that fails internally, it's a new common issue on the Roadster. I had this on a Roadster I had back in 2010 and it took a solid 24 hours of continuity checking to work it out (along with a return power feed wire from the ECU to SAM that was causing a CAN bus issue). As you were kind enough to join my site, email me directly and I'll talk you through the fix.

Comment

That is what I call good service.

Comment

Hi Tolsen & 10:45,

Many thanks for your input - I've now contacted Evilution to take him up on his offer of help - hopefully will have this locking issue fixed shortly.

Car seems to be running fine & has scrubbed up nicely... but 15" Spinline wheels are badly corroded

I have a few other issues that I hope you can help me with over the coming months - I will post a new topic now on the second problem I've noticed....

Regards

Comment

FIXED

BIG thanks to Evilution for the fix !

Doubt if I would have ever found the issue myself .....

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X