Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cutting out, CANbus line

Hello strangers,

My car's been having an annoying and so-far hard to trace problem. Every now and again (currently once or twice a week) it will cut out completely. At first these were instantaneous and it would bump-start itself if running. Now it takes a while to restart, as per this video: https://youtu.be/q4FMcFEOSvU

Towards the end of the video you can hear relays click as it sorts itself.

The only fault previously logged is an ECU/CAN fault, but of course it refused to play up for the mechanics. We replaced the crank angle sensor early on, of course.

Suggestions most welcome.

Hi,

Does the car has this problem when the weather is wet ?

Check the speedo, and maybe it's a SAM soldering failure (more and more commun).

Maybe a Mb star diagnosis will help.

Comment

I suggest you start checking canbus wiring between control units. There should be enough info on Evilution to allow you to work out which pins are CAN so you can check their continuity and resistance to ground etc.

Comment

Hi Rick, long time no hear!.

This problem was the start of my long term saga and your symptoms seem to match mine
        (gradually increasing frequency and progressively hard to restart).

It had got to the point it would cut out after 2/300 yds......

It was traced to oxidation of the ECU pins which were treated with contact spray and run in a donor 42 with
        no issues.

It also ran in my roadie well beyond the point it would normally cut out - but I had to curtail the test due to overheating

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X