Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine temperature issue?

Hi guys,

Looking for some advice on my Roadster, I started having engine temperature issue about one year ago so had the water pump changed and that solved the problem.
    Recently the cars temperature gauge has been hitting 110+ again so I pull over top the water up and keep doing this every two to three days doing around 40 miles a day, I have had a pressure test done and that didn’t find anything and also a chemical test and that also passed, any one got any ideas what to try next?

Chemical test? You mean block test to check for blown head gasket? Do another block test. If still overheating either block test fluid has gone off or there is air in cooling system requiring bleeding.

Comment

maybe a **** pattern pump you fitted ?, maybe the belt was over tensioned?

maybe it just needs a bleed as suggested

Comment

Greetings, topping up the water every few days, does not sound right? Either you've got a leak somewhere or you've been very lucky - somehow?? Have you checked your engine oil level? Water not often flows into the combustion chamber, rather compression usually blows the water system apart. so, you may find your oil level either very high or the oil on the dipstick will be a funny colour - not black. Have you checked for water or steam leaks anywhere in the cooling system? Coolant liquid can sit on the under belly panels and be hard to see, as a puddle on the ground. As suggested, air in the system, remove the water temp sensor, as per the helpful guides, Evil or FQ. BUT make sure that the car has sat unused for a day and that you remove the coolant pressure cap, unless you do these steps, you may be covered on hot water or get a burst of water up your nose. Be ready to wash the forward side of the engine down, to get rid of any coolant water that may appear after taking the temp. sensor out. Be careful with the clip that holds the sensor in place and before you try to reinsert the clip, tie a length of string to it, so if you drop it, you can retrieve it without much trouble. Make the string about 3 feet long. Cheers.

Comment

Overheat is usually an airlock - you need to bleed the system first to see if it solves the issue for a while.
          Then you need to find why you have airlock - usually a leak - if you have renewed the water pump ( and you're sure it's not gone faulty) then thermostat/housing is very likely the culprit.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X