Seat Fold Forward ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seat Fold Forward ?

I see some pictures with the seat folded forward but for some reason my seat won't do this it goes so far and then locks ????

Must be something trapped in the mechanism ?

Comment

The manual explains it.

Comment

It does ?....

Comment

Originally posted by 10:45PM View Post
          It does ?....
          ''Press both levers (D) backwards at the same time. > The backrest will move forward a few millimetres out of its locked position. Release both levers. Fold backrest forwards''.

Just tried it on mine and it's as per the above. I do remember it being a lot more awkward in the past though. A deft shoulder is required (to push the seat while holding the levers).

Comment

Well yeah I get that , and I remember the shoulder thing, but the guy is saying it goes so far ...
            anyway where is the OP to clarify ?? lol
            Last edited by 10:45PM; 25-08-16, 10:20 AM.

Comment

I seem to recall mine behaving as per the OP's previously. Further manipulation of the levers used to get the job done. That, IIRC was when doing it from behind (standard Smart position in years gone by!) via the tailgate. Today I did it from the passenger door and it was a breeze. Perseverance is all OP.

Comment

Wow, I just learnt this after 11 years of ownership.
                I allways used to hold both levers all the time while moving the backrest
                like I did in my previous fortwo 2001.
                I just went out and tried it on my roadster and sure enough it worked as described.
                Thank you Thrumbleux !
                Bjorn

Comment

Oops! Never noticed the question was about a Roadster! The method works for both Roadsters and (later?) fortwos then BBE? Truth be told, today is the first time I've done it without a wrestling match. The 'simultaneous' pulling of the levers is the key.That, and the little jump forward the seat takes of its own accord. Or a nudge if it's lazy.

Comment

Well the obvious question that nobody has asked is... which seat are you trying to fold forwards? Drivers or Passenger?

Comment

Originally posted by 137699 View Post
                      Well the obvious question that nobody has asked is... which seat are you trying to fold forwards? Drivers or Passenger?
                      Passenger seat chap, I'm away from the car at the min won't get to try for a few weeks but will let you know how I get on

Comment

• 10:45PM
                        10:45PM commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Well you're choosing the right seat at least lol

I had a go today and no good even got the manual out to check and still couldn't it to fold forward not the
                      end of the world but was worth a try

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X