Shaking type sound when the car decelerates

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shaking type sound when the car decelerates

Just changed over the oil on my roadster recently and noticed that if i rev the engine (in nuteral) and thentake my foot off the accelerator it sounds like there is now a sort of shake / rattle type sound as it decelerates. I dont think it was doing this before but if im honest i havent really been payingmuch attention. Does anyone have any ideas as to what it is or if i should be worried? Read somewhere it could be the oil pressure? Thanks in advance.

Maybe it is the heatshield on the right enginemount.

Comment

What specific oil did you put in out of interest ?

And have you triple checked level? , then checked it once more?

You'd know about oil pressure, just at idle, when warm.... The engine wouldn't last long at all before serious damage ensued.

Comment

Hopefully, you used fully synthetic oil and only 3.3 liters of it, any more than that and it's bound to be over filled - not good. There's the possibility you may be hearing the crankcase, non-return valve in its death throws?? Its' little flap giving up the ghost? If you take the hose off the throttle body and can blow down the pipe, the valve is carput. What ever you do, don't suck on the pipe, you'll get a mouth full of ick. Or, it could be something completely different. Try getting a friend to do what you were doing with the throttle, while you try to track down the noise your self. Cheers.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X