No announcement yet.

Disappointed with Eibach Pro-kit lowering springs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bet a full Brabus spring set from Smart will be cheaper than a set of Eibach springs.

Comment

Okay, I'll contact the Smart dealer then.

Comment

I have 2 complete sets in my garage

Comment

Smart Stuff sell the Brabus springs for £227.25: https://www.smart-stuff.parts/452-ro...-roadster-7518

A set of Brabus pattern springs made by Suplex can be sourced for £61.04 plus postage.

Comment

Buying a set Brabus springs at the Smart dealer will cost me £198. Expensive, but I guess the quality will be satisfactory.
            Last edited by Goran; 14-07-17, 01:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Goran View Post
              Buying a set Brabus springs at the Smart dealer will cost me £262. Expensive, but I guess the quality will be satisfactory.

New to smarts?

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=sm...hrome&ie=UTF-8

Comment

I'll sell you a complete set for £180

Comment

Originally posted by Thrumbleux View Post

I've had a ForTwo Passion -03 for three years and the Roadster Coupe for 1,5 year. A friend of mine has had three ForTwo and one Roadster Coupe which he drove for many miles in his job, and we have never had a spring failure. But maybe we been lucky, it seems like it is a common failure, reading the url.

Does anyone know which manufactures the springs for Smart? Is the standard and Brabus springs from the same manufacturer?

Comment

Maybe you were lucky or maybe at some point smart changed spring suppliers or the manufacturing method. Who knows?! And that's kind of my point. I don't think spring life or quality is an easy thing to predict. Were it not for your desire to lower your car, I'd say just stick with what you have - on the 'if it aint broke - basis.

Given the springs you have (both sets) have, as best as I remember, free tangs - have you considered just cutting them. Lowered and stiffened with one easy angle grinder cut.

Comment

Only rear springs can be cut.

Comment

• Thrumbleux
                        Thrumbleux commented
                        Editing a comment
                        My memory half failed me.

It seems like Eibach makes the Brabus springs, see https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w...g-springs.html.

Comment

Hello Goran,

did you solve the lowering problem ? I was told that eibach springs may needs some miles drive before settling nicely.

Comment

Steel does not settle unless loaded to its yield stress. That does never happen because then the springs would just collapse.

Comment

That makes sense. Lowering springs are illegal in my country. Even if these eibach doesn't lower the car I think that identifying the eibach brand on the springs will be an issue because the company is stating a 25mm drop with them.

Specs of the eibach springs are listed in their TUV certificate : http://www.dvsegmbh.info/PDF/einbau/...-001-05-22.pdf

My understanding is they are not progressive springs and are close to Brabus specs.
                            Last edited by marcjero; 07-01-18, 04:46 PM.

Comment

Which country do you live ?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X