No announcement yet.

Turbo not boosting past 0

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe a leak in the intercooler, look for oil on the bottom of the intercooler

Comment

• Thrumbleux
      Thrumbleux commented
      Editing a comment
      Yep.
      The wastegate diverts exhaust gas away from the turbine part of the turbo. I suspect you are hearing an air leak. The air scoop feeding the intercooler rubs on its tubes and wears through them. A known smart fault.

The support cradle cuts into the intercooler causing leaks. The holes may be repaired with minimal loss of intercooler efficiency.

Comment

You don't have a dump valve fitted do you?
      I've never heard any air escape ever when the wastegate opens, only a chirp from the turbo when changing gear.

Comment

Have you posted this on TRN yet as there are barely any Roadster owners over here.

Comment

Originally posted by 137699 View Post
          Have you posted this on TRN yet as there are barely any Roadster owners over here.

Doesn't matter as what is under discussion is shared with the fortwo.

Comment

Hey guy's sorry to be dragging up an old thread but i was off traveling for the year with my Roadie sitting up and never got a chance to fix it until now. It turned out to be a leaky intercooler pipe. I replaced it and she drives like the clappers now Just wanted to thank you all for the advice.

Comment

• Thrumbleux
              Thrumbleux commented
              Editing a comment
              Good to see you got it sorted. Makes one hell of a difference having the boost as it should be!

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X