No announcement yet.

Hesitating at full throttle ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aftermarket filters can be slightly larger or smaller according to the brand.Probably smaller one would fit in both directions easily. The sad story is the previous owner looked for this problem during 18 months. Mercedes even said him the engine was dead. So he bought the car new, spent money at Mercedes for maintenance, they did this stupid mistake and didn't find where the problem was so they suggested to replace an healthy engine. He gave up and sold the car.

Comment

Originally posted by tolsen View Post
      I wonder why we did not think of that!
      I did....

Originally posted by tolsen View Post
      As I recall fuel filter has an arrow on it indicating direction of flow..

.....but didn't mention it due to the above.

Comment

Originally posted by marcjero View Post
        The sad story is the previous owner looked for this problem during 18 months. .
        Very slightly at odds with info in post#3 ('' a few thousand miles old''). Good it's fixed now though.

Comment

Yes he didn't drive a lot during all this time for obvious reasons.

Comment

I'm struggling though, to imagine what exactly makes a filter 'directional'.

Comment

Larger filtering area in the inlet side I read. Maybe capability to handle pressure too. Depending on design I guess.

Comment

I thought you had checked your fuel supply for both flow and pressure. That is usually my first check when fault finding fuel issues on diesel engines.

Comment

We never thought it could be a fuelling issue. Because filter was quite new and fuel pump looked fine. There were few chances having an issue here... except if a maintenance mistake happened. Had a long drive today, no problem any more.
                  Last edited by marcjero; 11-11-17, 01:37 AM.

Comment

I shall cut a fuel filter open soon to inspect its guts.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X