New Battery Fitted and not starting

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Battery Fitted and not starting

I have just inherited a 2005 Smart Roadster. Its has stood for a year and the battery has died. It is quite damp inside where the sunroof has leaked. I fitted a new battery and it will not start. When the battery is first fitted the fan runs for a bit. The emergency flashers are on all the time and the sunroof opened and will not close. has anyone got any advice? Thanks GeraldWallis

I guess damage to SAM unit due to water ingress and seized alternator.

Comment

• Geraldwallis
      Geraldwallis commented
      Editing a comment
      Is a seized alternator a big problem?

• tolsen
      tolsen commented
      Editing a comment
      Not really as alternator can be freed provided you apply sufficient elbow grease.

• Geraldwallis
      Geraldwallis commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks very much. I will give it a go once the SAM unit is replaced. Thanks for your help. Gerald

Get yourself over to www.theroadster.net and pick the brains of the roadster owners.
    Does sound like a wet SAM - help over there on how to recover from this position.

Comment

Help is here as well David.
      Please let me know where you are GeraldWallis.
      I will then be able to point you in the right direction to your nearest decent independant
      Www.BigPerformance.Co.Uk

020 328 REMAP (02032873627)
      STAR diagnostics. Remapping. Dyno. Key coding
      TAN codes. SCN codes. Body shop. Trimming. Crash repairs

Comment

• Geraldwallis
        Geraldwallis commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi. I am in Midhurst West Sussex. Any help would be appreciated Thanks very much Gerald

Originally posted by 137699 View Post
      Get yourself over to www.theroadster.net and pick the brains of the roadster owners.
      Does sound like a wet SAM - help over there on how to recover from this position.
      Here we go again. Can he not read plain English? This is indeed a Roadster forum.

Comment

Originally posted by tolsen View Post
        Here we go again. Can he not read plain English? This is indeed a Roadster forum.
        Yes this is a Roadster forum. And about 5 Roadster owners in total come here.
        Whereas www.theroadster.net is an entire website dedicated to Roadsters and gets about 150 Roadster owners regularly frequenting.

Comment

Originally posted by 137699 View Post

Yes this is a Roadster forum. And about 5 Roadster owners in total come here.
          Whereas www.theroadster.net is an entire website dedicated to Roadsters and gets about 150 Roadster owners regularly frequenting.
          I do have to agree 😉

Comment

Of those 150 regulars
            How many work on their own cars....
            How many have aeen this fault
            How many have the expertise to look at a sam or ecu and see the faults.....
            Hence asking where the op lives
            Www.BigPerformance.Co.Uk

020 328 REMAP (02032873627)
            STAR diagnostics. Remapping. Dyno. Key coding
            TAN codes. SCN codes. Body shop. Trimming. Crash repairs

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X