Roadster 452 unable to get into gear three lines showing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roadster 452 unable to get into gear three lines showing

Hi All I am having a major problem with my smart roadster 452. The car was parked up for three weeks I went out to start it and its showing an engine light and three lines. Engine starts fine. unable to get it into gear. my scanner is showing a p0702 error. tried replacing battery, earth, replaced clutch actuator, checked for wiring. booked it into a garage with star machine and they were unable to diagnose the issue but im not sure how much time they spend on it they kept it for several days The garage told me it looks like there is a problem with the center console shifter unit but there not sure. Im going to source one second hand to try. The garage said they tried to do a relearn on the clutch but it was failing through the process and there not sure why. Anyone have any ideas of what else to check? Any suggestions would be great. Thanks for your help

Where are you located?

Comment

P0702 is transmission control system electrical. Usually wiring fault caused by chafing and vibration. I’’ll post connector pin outs so you can easily check. Won’t be before tomorrow morning.

Comment

Here is my pin out diagram.

Table shows pinout at engine control unit engine harness plug vs pinout at sensors or actuators.
        The sketches show plugs viewed from their ends.
        I prefer testing continuity using 21 watt test lamp and ammeter. I use a small 12 volt battery as power source. Simply measuring continuity with multimeter may not be sufficiently conclusive.

Above diagram works for Roadster and all Smart 450, both petrol and diesel regardless of age.
        Last edited by tolsen; 23-02-18, 01:04 AM.

Comment

Example:
          Pin 19 on engine control unit engine harness plug connects to pin 2 on gear position sensor. Cable colour is yellow.

Comment

If you want a gear shifer unit (SE Drive) then I recommend you log onto www.theroadster.net and message user Scott13 -he breaks Roadsters and will be able to supply any parts you need.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X