Roadster wheels

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roadster wheels

Hi, I have 2004 roadster glass back with 16" spikeline wheels which I hate, they look like they should be on a kid's pedal car.. My question is can fit say Brabus monoblock VI wheels ? I hope to pick up good set of used. Any help would be much appreciated. Cheers.

What about this I,m sat watching the Wright stuff on the bbc, there showing a one off baby's buggie made by Aston Martin and the wheels on the back are the same design as the spikeline, I rest my case.

Comment

As far as I know for a 452 Roadster, they are a direct swap though I think they have different sizes of tyre compared to the 450 set.

Comment

Cheers, I thought I might be able to buy a set with good tyres then I could sell the spikeline with the tyres. Thanks

Comment

Four in one set, all without buckles. Better chance of winning the lottery - which you'll need if such a set does appear.....

Comment

Hi Don, if you log onto the Roadster forum, (www.theroadster.net) introduce yourself and contact a member on there (Scott13) he breaks Roadsters and will almost certainly be able to sort you out with a good set of wheels.

Comment

Originally posted by 137699 View Post
              ...... and contact a member on there (Scott13)
              aka The Grim Reaper! lol

Comment

If you have a look on Evilution.co.uk there is a guide to all the different types of wheel & their offsets.

Comment

I'm just looking at some team dinamics wheels(there a lot cheaper) checking the reviews on them some say there good and some say there ****. Anybody know anything about them. Thanks for all the replies.

Comment

By all accounts they've got to be better than Brabus wheels, which going by previous accounts are made of plasticine...lol.

Comment

I'm taking Thrubluex advice and not buying second hand monoblock as they're to costly by the time I've had them refurbished and untill you get them on the car I'll have no idea if there all good. Just looking Team Dynamics web page and I've seen a set of wheels I like the look of but I need some advice on, should I go for 16" x7.5" all round or 6" on the front and 7.5" on the rear. Thanks.

Comment

You MUST make sure the Team Dynamics wheels you're wanting are correct fitment for Roadster.
                        Most of their wheels are made for ForTwo and when fitted to the Roadster mess up the handling to the point of it being borderline dangerous.

It's not just a question of width but also offset. Many unscrupulous suppliers will happily sell you a set of ForTwo wheels and tell you they're fine on a Roadster - they're not! Or they supply you with spacers to try to make them correct - again a compromise at best and unprofessional.

Why not just get a set of 16" spikelines instead?

https://www.evilution.co.uk/index.ph...heels&mod=1084
                        Last edited by 137699; 21-03-18, 09:47 AM.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X