Speedo and rev counter cuts out

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speedo and rev counter cuts out

On Little Blackie the speedo, rev counter and fuel gauge cuts out about 10 seconds once in a while. I have a post in "Smart Roadster Owners Club" on Facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2232...ch/?query=wife

How do I link to that exact post?

I have had all the plugs of and cleaned lubricated and refit both to the SAM and to the speedo kit.
    I have a similar car, same year and same spec. I am thinking about swapping the speedo unit between the cars to see if the fault moves with the speedo.
    Is there any risk with swapping units like that? Any risk that the mileage changes for the car with least mileage?

Jörgen

If your speedometer mileage is lower than the value in the SAM then the speedometer mileage will be overwritten with the higher value. Have you checked the fault codes for any CAN bus related problems?

Comment

I was afraid of that!

Comment

There is some fault codes.
        I have tried to translate them from Swedish by the number but I will try by using my linguistic skills.

B1060 Something about the milage not being the same in the speedo and the SAM
        B1015 CAN-message "milage" from combination instrument missing.
        B1016 CAN-message "diagnos" from combination instrument missing.
        B1111 Locking failed due to short cut (I know what this is).
        B1021 CAN-message from control unit A1 (combnation instrument) missing

Sorry but next time I will use my English version of DAS, I thought it would be easy to find a list of all the codes.

Jörgen

Comment

If you are good at soldering you can swap the 8 pin EEPROMs over to retain the mileage and VIN etc. but they are surface mount parts.

Comment

Ok.....
            I might look for a used speedo unit.

Comment

Ask Scott Russell or Sam Stewart

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X