Problem with wipers and ABS/TC warning lights

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with wipers and ABS/TC warning lights

My car has recently developed two separate problems, one of which I'm pretty sure I caused. Let's start with that one.

My wipers don't stop where they're supposed to, instead they bounce back and end up about an inch or two above their normal resting point. Now I've found some threads elsewhere where similar things happened and the general consensus was the wiper motor being at fault. I doubt this for one reason: they were working fine until, one day, I turned the car on, put on the wipers and then turned the car off while the wipers were still active, and that's when they came to a stop at their current resting place. I've since tried repeating the same process, turning the car off when the blades are down, but it hasn't worked. Would disconnecting the battery help or are there any alternative possibilities to "wiper motor fault"?

The second one is a ABS/TC warning lights issue. They seem to come on and stay on once in a while. It doesn't happen always, usually when it rains or just after that, so I assume that bad weather has something to do with it. What's the most obvious place I should look for in terms of getting the moisture out, or is there another possibility?

Originally posted by notly1988 View Post

The second one is a ABS/TC warning lights issue. They seem to come on and stay on once in a while. It doesn't happen always, usually when it rains or just after that, so I assume that bad weather has something to do with it. What's the most obvious place I should look for in terms of getting the moisture out, or is there another possibility?
    Switch on brake pedal I'd guess.

Comment

Originally posted by notly1988 View Post
      My car has recently developed two separate problems, one of which I'm pretty sure I caused. Let's start with that one.

My wipers don't stop where they're supposed to, instead they bounce back and end up about an inch or two above their normal resting point. Now I've found some threads elsewhere where similar things happened and the general consensus was the wiper motor being at fault. I doubt this for one reason: they were working fine until, one day, I turned the car on, put on the wipers and then turned the car off while the wipers were still active, and that's when they came to a stop at their current resting place. I've since tried repeating the same process, turning the car off when the blades are down, but it hasn't worked. Would disconnecting the battery help or are there any alternative possibilities to "wiper motor fault"?

There's a short arm from the wiper arm to the rest of the mechanism, this has turned slightly on the wiper motor spindle. It's a mechanical fault .... not everything in this modern world can be fixed by turning it off & turning it back on again ;-)

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X