Help please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help please

Hi I have had a look through this forum and there seems to be a lot of well informed and helpful people around that may be able to help me.
    I have a smart roadster coupe that has been in the garage for around 12 months with the battery disconnected. I went to it last week and connected the battery and ignition came on and could use the electrics but I didn't try to start it. Went to it today and reconnected the battery and nothing. I have had a voltmeter across the battery and it shows just over 12V but once connected to the car with the voltmeter across it it shows 5.5V. I get no ignition lights no response from central locking not even enough power to drive the hazards. And ideas/help as to where to start or possible cause would be greatly appreciate.

Thanks in advance

Has battery been sitting disconnected without any maintenance charge for one whole year? If that is the case your battery is very likely fubarred. Place battery on charge and see if it recovers but the damage done is most likely irreversible.

Comment

Battery is fully charged and showing over 12V could it still be bad?

Comment

Originally posted by Rydog View Post
        Battery is fully charged and showing over 12V could it still be bad?
        Put some load on battery for example turn ignition on and switch on head lights and blower fan on full, then measure battery voltage. Voltage should then be above 12.3 V if battery is good.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X